Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad fireworks and lights

Options
  • 31-01-2009 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭

Sitting in my apartment beside Connolly Station and looking out kind of down Summerhill general direction (but a good bit past Summerhill I think), I have seen for the past few nights lights of different colours shining up into the sky and moving around and stuff, and now there is an absolutely class fireworks display going on.

Anyone know what the hell is going on?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I think it's Croke Park.
    Terrible racket in the North Strand. God help anyone up closer to it trying to get kids to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭ColinJennings

Croke Park are celebrating 125 years of the GAA before Dublin play Tyrone.

It was amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 flakey21

its in croke park for the dublin and tyrone game .. pretty good fireworks display

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Ah yes, It's Croker indeed. Thanks guys.

It was brilliant, quite rare you get anything resembling a pleasant view from this place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 yidkid

yeah was class alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Was is very, very loud?

I was out on my balcony 20 minutes ago wondering wtf the noise was! I guessed it was fireworks but didn't see anything. The noise stopped moments after I went outside.

I live in Chapelizod!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Could hear it clearly here in D15!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Could hear it loud and clear in Finglas West, sounded like explosions from here!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Most impressive. I trotted over to Ridhmond Rd to where the Maxol is. You can see into the horseshoe of the stadium. Even better when the main bulk of the fireworks were set off somewhere between the stadium and where I was. Still trying to figure out what grounds they used.

Good on the GAA giving a bit of welly in these days of gloom. Now I'm tryin to get a wide eyed 5year old to sleep.

Bravo GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Could hear it loud and clear in Finglas West, sounded like explosions from here!
    Probably nothing to do with Croke Park! :D

Apologies - a bit cheeky but I no longer a mod! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

It was croker yes.

Amazing display and and bloody amazing match to watch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

humberklog wrote: »
    Good on the GAA giving a bit of welly in these days of gloom.

Bravo GAA.

The Bastids put an extra fiver onto the tickets.

But it was brilliant. Could hear it so clearly from Hardwicke Street.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

They did, but weren't the kids tickets cheaper though?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

They sure did and what a good idea. Clear, transparent, fair economics. I was standing there thinking...janey we could worse than have this lot take up there hurleys, over throw the government and install an Athletic Junta. For a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Peteer

spurious wrote: »
    I think it's Croke Park.
    Terrible racket in the North Strand. God help anyone up closer to it trying to get kids to sleep.

My Kids loved it! Thank you GAA

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

could hear it loud and clear on the Ratoath Road, Finglas

and had a great view of the fireworks from the bedroom.

Advertisement