Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone on here doin' Applied Cultural Studies?

Options
  • 31-01-2009 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Thinking about doin' this course, just wondering if there's anyone on here who's doin' it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

McConnon wrote: »
    Thinking about doin' this course, just wondering if there's anyone on here who's doin' it?

I know someone has done it, what do you want to know about it and i'll ask them

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭McConnon

draffodx wrote: »
    I know someone has done it, what do you want to know about it and i'll ask them

Thanks draffodx.

Just wanted to know what they thought of it an' what kind of job opportunities would a course like this open up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

He enjoyed it a lot he said, its one of the more laid back courses, a good mix between theory and practical application.

They done a lot of event organising such as setting up and running an art exhibition for a week.

That is the sort of job it would open up as well, or the likes of working in visitors centers like the one in Newgrange.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭purplegeko

I did this course and as part of it spent a semester in France - fantastic experience. As for jobs as a result of the degree very little has opened up for me i have never had a job relating to the course, currently trying to find a job in the area.
    Many people went on to do their masters in Archaeology after the degree and i know of 2 who are currently working towards getting their archaeology licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭McConnon

Thanks for that.

DIFE in Drogheda offer a one year Liberal Arts (Cultural and Heritage Studies) course, as I lack the points for DKIT I hope to get in there next year via the course in Drogheda.

• Advertisement
Advertisement