Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats better than the nokia music manager?

• 31-01-2009 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

I have an E51 and I'm uploading music from my pc to my nokia e51 using the nokia manager.Apart from looking naf and only uploading a quarter of my songs, the nokia music manager is driving me barmy.So is there any other programs I can use, maybe something like itunes.
    Any advice.Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

windows should be able to do it, it should read it like a flash drive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Sync with windows media player

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

Cheers for that.I assumed I had to convert the songs into another file type.
    Worked fine, thanks.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

You'll get more tunes on the phone using a format like AMR or AMX - there's a plugin for Winamp that does this - been meaning to try it for a while but haven't gotten round to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭who is this

Not AMR unless you want it sounding like your listening to a phone call :p

I think you mean HE-AACv2 (also called eAAC+) which, is much much MUCH better than standard AAC. If you compare them at 32 kbit/s, the difference is unbelievable.

Nokia Music Manager can also encode it. An advantage of using it for the encoding, is that the way Winamp does it, leaves most other applications unable to read the tags. Oddly enough, while Nokia Music Manager can't read the Winamp-encoded tags, Nokia PHONES can.

32 kbits/s on eAAC+ will probably do for most people. At 64, I find its indistinguishable from AAC at 128.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Thanks for the correction - the user interface in Winamp is a lot more user friendly in my opinion - in the process of encoding my library into another folder at the moment but haven't road tested it yet.

Advertisement