Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do in Wexford in bad weather

Options
  • 31-01-2009 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am meeting a friend I haven't seen in years, and wondering is there anything to do if the weather is bad except go to the pub etc.

We have a few years catching up to do and are meeting halfway, and that happens to be wexford, or enniscorthy etc.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Hi Carolinei.

Is it just indoor activities you are looking for advice on? If so, The Arts Centre in Wexford town is a nice place to visit and they usually have some wonderful exhibitions on display, paintings, photography etc., often by local artists. Also there are a number of lovely places nearby where you could go for a bite to eat/coffee afterwards. Whites Hotel/ The Yard/ Westgate Design to name but a few.

If you really wanted to push the boat out, The Monart Spa (just outside Enniscorthy) is a beautiful country manor where I'm sure you and your friend could go to enjoy some lunch and talk a stroll in the fabulous grounds if ye didnt fancy having some treatments done.

Just remembered, theres also a great new bowling alley just outside Wexford town which can be a fun way to spend a few hours when the weathers crap.

Hope this is some help to you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

If ye decide to meet in New Ross , you could certainly visit the Dunbrody Famine Ship . Its worth a visit.

If you have a Saturday morning to spare , a trip on the New Ross Galley Cruising restaurant is recommended . It is not expensive for breakfast ..............

Check out these links :

http://www.rivercruises.ie/

http://www.dunbrody.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭carolinei

Hi all,

Really, I'm looking for something to do between Dublin and Wexford - I'm coming from Dublin, my friend is coming from Wexford

Dunbrody is too far - but maybe the Monart Spa

Any more suggestions would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

OP you said explicitly in your first post that you were meeting your friend halfway, which was Wexford or Enniscorthy etc (etc?!) That is precisely what alltheydoyles and I provided you with information for. You now come back and say that you are actually meeting your friend somewhere completely different -actually "between Dublin and Wexford".OP do you realise that there is actually quite an expansive area "between Dublin and Wexford"? A whole county in fact. With that in mind, I recommend you look in the appropriate forum, which clearly isn't the Wexford one. Failing that, there is also that wonderful facility otherwise known as Google.

I also suggest that the next time you look for help you might be more specific with your requirements from the get-go instead of coming back and rather ungraciously dismissing the help you received. It only results in wasting not only your own time but other people's also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

If ye decide to meet in New Ross , you could certainly visit the Dunbrody Famine Ship . Its worth a visit.

If you have a Saturday morning to spare , a trip on the New Ross Galley Cruising restaurant is recommended . It is not expensive for breakfast ..............

Check out these links :

http://www.rivercruises.ie/

http://www.dunbrody.com/

The Galley doesn't operate at this time of the year. They start in April and run until October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

OP you said explicitly in your first post that you were meeting your friend halfway, which was Wexford or Enniscorthy etc (etc?!) That is precisely what alltheydoyles and I provided you with information for. You now come back and say that you are actually meeting your friend somewhere completely different -actually "between Dublin and Wexford".OP do you realise that there is actually quite an expansive area "between Dublin and Wexford"? .

I don't think geography is the op's strong point if she thinks Enniscorthy is half way between Wexford and Dublin :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭carolinei

My God ! How patronizing can you get. OK, maybe I wasn't articulate or explicit in my original post, I live in Carlow, my friend is currently in Wexford visiting friends, but lives in Dublin and has to go back up Saturday night, and I have to be in Carlow Saturday night, am I coming down from Dublin I was offering to meet them in Enniscorthy or Wexford to make it easier.

There is no need to be so smart and if you felt I was wasting your time on your first post - you didn't seem to mind wasn't your own time on the second post !

If that is the reaction you have to people who don't accept your suggestions you can keep them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mb_

wow not really worth asking questions here!

if thats the attitude you are going to get you are probably happier avoiding wexord altogether unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Meh, just learn to ask precise questions OP.

Anyway, we're coming over to WX next week, from Galway through Waterford.
    Hopefully the weather will be good but I have saved the links just in case.

I'll be bringing the family along - what's Fun House Children's Adventure Playcentre like? Any other activities for kids if it rains? Pirates cove? Swimming Pools?

The bowling is fun, just book ahead. Will def kill a couple of hours in a really OTT and tacky way!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭D.W

Best thing to do on a wet day is Quad Biking-the wetter the better! You'll need a car to get there- but theres a place close to Clonroche called Quad Attack. Just Google it. They also used to have a Rodeo Bull (may still have) if your feeling energetic!

Advertisement