Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

preferential treatment to others with mod status

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

DeVore wrote: »
    I do appreciate vB's anti-admin banning or I'd never see the inside of the poker forum :)

/goes off to start suggestion thread in Development forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I forget who is supposed to be in who's clique etc, I find it hard to keep abreast of it all. I'm old you see.

Isnt Donegalfella supposed to have been a rabble rouser before his conversion? Can he be our Obama and reach across the divide? He can be the whistle blower on the inside track, no?

Hows that new brain transplant DF? Comfy?

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Boston wrote: »
    Acting implies you stop at some stage.
    yeah, cos you were always a model poster :p

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

That in turn implies he's started being one at some point :p

Best of luck with the modding df.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

More people than you would think have done so in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

DeV.

I am unique, a precious flower, a delicate snow flake. I could never be a model poster because nobody could possibly be like me. I am epic.

When DeV says "model poster" he means one of those Airfix models that you get and try to glue together, ensuing glue everywhere, getting big blobs of glue on the aeroplane, trying to find missing parts that didn't come with the kit and then not being bothered to paint it with the special paint, all in all a pointless waste of time. Not that I think that, I think you're fab, he said it, blame him :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Zaph wrote: »
    Let's be clear about this right now - NOBODY gets preferential treatment on this forum, regardless of their status on Boards. If one of the Admins posted something deemed inappropriate for the forum there's not a single moderator here who would have any hesitation in banning them.

Ahem -
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55312474&postcount=15

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055428868

whistle.gif

• Advertisement

Zaph was talking about the Personal Issues forum, this thread has been moved since he posted that.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,106 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You guys have *no idea* how many times I have to unbunch wadded panties and drag two (or more!) mods off each other
    Usually after the mods beers night.

Trust you to ruin a good orgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I am unique, a precious flower, a delicate snow flake. I could never be a model poster because nobody could possibly like me. I am epic.
    FYP.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Hey, I've it on good authority that I'm hot :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

I forget who is supposed to be in who's clique etc,
    Fair enough. I could never even remember who's clique I was supposed to be in myself.

Meanwhile, what the hell was I on last night? I'm adding Mercury Retrograde to the list of things I'm blaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,231 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Innit your mammy sweet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Gordon wrote: »
    When DeV says "model poster" he means one of those Airfix models that you get and try to glue together, ensuing glue everywhere, getting big blobs of glue on the aeroplane, trying to find missing parts that didn't come with the kit and then not being bothered to paint it with the special paint, all in all a pointless waste of time. Not that I think that, I think you're fab, he said it, blame him :)
    What?! :confused:

Oh, Boston's been getting his glue everywhere again ... >.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You are ;)

I am unique, a precious flower, a delicate snow flake.
    I could never be a model poster because nobody could possibly be like me. I am epic.

Just stop trying to steal my daily mantra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Dudess wrote: »
    Incorrect. A number of posters have decided I'm obese without ever seeing me, and that makes it true.

We're gonna need a bigger boat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

I am unique, a precious flower, a delicate snow flake. I could never be a model poster because nobody could possibly be like me. I am epic.

That you are Boston and one day you shall live in Moderator land.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

*enquires in S&S forum about preferrential treatment*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

faceman wrote: »
    *enquires in S&S forum about preferrential treatment*

Considering the freaks here who think they are the intellectual elite, they read books and things like that don't ya know, good luck!

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

I know I don't have a clue what this thread is about.

I know dudess is a legend.

I know the following is completely and utterly untrue ;)
    Zaph wrote: »
    . If one of the Admins posted something deemed inappropriate for the forum there's not a single moderator here who would have any hesitation in banning them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I'd delete the post maybe. And then delete every post they made in the forum until either the ban expired or they de-modded and site-banned me, I have a suspicion as to which would come first :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    No idea, but I did once ban an smod from AH.
    I can't actually ban them, but I asked them not to post there for a week or something.
    To the best of my recollection, they obeyed the request.

I think I may have posted something against the charter once (yeah, I'm human too) and I was taken to task by the mods and agreed to not post there for a week.

I feel like Hancock. :D

DeV.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'd have no problem taking an admin/smod/cmod/whomever to task. I have done. Would I give more leeway? Probably. For the simple reason that if a long standing member of any hue, user all the way up, out of the blue had a muppet attack, I would wonder why. With a new user I would be more twitchy, simply because I don't know where they're coming from as I've no history to go on.

So yes there is "preferential" treatment here with regard to anyone who has been here a while and whose general modus operandi is well known. I can't see why this comes as a surprise to anyone. Any organisation will give more leeway to long standing members.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Also, I have to agree with the posters calling this girl a nut.

She's not the one with the shower routine from American Psycho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

I think I may have posted something against the charter once (yeah, I'm human too) ...

I dont think there is a problem with being "human" ... we are all human and make plenty of mistakes.

The problem is that you denied that calling someone a "cnnt" was personal abuse in another feedback thread thread. In that thread you said it wasnt personal abuse, then you seemed to admit it was personal abuse, then and the whole thing descended into a mess of accusations and confusion.
    ... and I was taken to task by the mods and agreed to not post there for a week.

That is a lie.

You posted the following in that forum (and in the same thread!!!) after the personal abuse;

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55312557&postcount=17

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55321966&postcount=51

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55322137&postcount=55

So, you claim to have been "taken to task by the mods" and "asked not to post for a week". You ignored the specific mod warnings and posted anyway? Was any sanction taken against you for going against a specific mod request? Or did you just ignore it like you ignored the "no personal abuse" rule in the BGRH charter?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement