Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

preferential treatment to others with mod status

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,232 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Can I at least become The Pope from all of this?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

So you get to retract your abusive post but I dont?

I would edit my post and remove that comment but I am firmly FIRMLY against the revision of history. I said it, I'm not proud of it, but I dont deny it happened and I wont touch-up my history to make me look like an angel. I'm not.

So, should you be banned now from this forum for abuse? You claim I should be but you shouldnt? Would that seem fair to you?

You wrote a pile of vitriol, then you thought better of it and accepted it was wrong and hotheaded. Wanna know the really truely ironic bit? You could have left it there and apologised and said what I have just said and I wouldnt have banned you. Not in a million years.

I have done bad things in my life. I have beaten people unconscious, I have broken people's bones, broken laws and broken the hearts of people I truely love. And I am not that person any more. I have spent a long time making myself NOT THAT GUY. I changed and when I did someone who had power over me gave me a second chance (and a clipped ear and a boot in the arse metaphorically) and I turned my life around. So there, DeVore has clay feet and a less then spotless past.

I judge who the person is now and I stand on my record and challenge anyone to say I dont strive to be as fair as possible.

I'm think I'm done with this thread, I must sleep. Its deadline is tomorrow night.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Gandalf23 wrote: »
    /edited to remove a hot headed response/
    Interesting first version of the post. As you've edited it, I won't make explicit reference to its contents. However, as a non-explicitly referenced comment from me, that was very unfair on the large number of people who put time and effort into making either this entire site, or parts of it, the kind of place where a larger number people like to spend their free time, hoping for little or nothing more in recompense than the odd thanks and the satisfaction in putting time into something that they like.

(incidentally I had the post reply box open for half an hour before typing the above so it's entirely possible I'm just repeating what other people have said since I clicked "post reply")

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Hey Gandalf23, any chance you could repost that original text so we can see all have a look? Be interesting to see how it compares to DeV's post that you have such an issue with.

Just for arguments sake like. It's good to be able to form a balanced opinion on things.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Hey Gandalf23, any chance you could repost that original text so we can see all have a look? Be interesting to see how it compares to DeV's post that you have such an issue with.

Just for arguments sake like.
    I found it in his signature, which seems to have been disabled save for on his profile

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55312474&postcount=15

Obviously this post is an abomination, an DeV should be impeached, and we should appoint Jester77 as the new Administrator of Boards in a Highlander-like fashion of power transfer. I wonder how long that'll last.

On the point, I was once Sitebanned for mentioning the Voldemort Plugin and that was subsequently overturned (because I am that awesome). But it doesnt mean I would expect CuLT to step down or anything. It was what, 30 hours of my life? I went outside that day. It was a refreshing experience. Thanks bud.

All the same I just assume leave it disabled on boards ever since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Overheal wrote: »
    I found it in his signature, which seems to have been disabled save for on his profile

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55312474&postcount=15

Obviously this post is an abomination, an DeV should be impeached, and we should appoint Jester77 as the new Administrator of Boards in a Highlander-like fashion of power transfer. I wonder how long that'll last.

I actually meant the original text of Gandalf23's post that he so nicely edited above.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I actually meant the original text of Gandalf23's post that he so nicely edited above.
    Oh :( I'll just go sit in the corner now

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Let me get a lash or two in at this dead, rotting horse that Gandalf has dumped here before the knacker's cart arrives.

Dev invites Robbo into his 'office'. The floor, walls and ceiling are covered in plastic, which Dev refers to and explains that the painter will shortly be arriving to spray his Ikea director's suite in his latest favourite colour. Robbo is puzzled, but decides not to question this illogical scenario. Dev remains standing (near the door), but invites Robbo to sit. Dev then states that he is very, very disappointed that Robbo did not take him to task over that cnnt issue in BGRH, and that he has decided to leave the belated resolution of the issue to Robbo, even at this late stage. Dev then informs Robbo that there are three items in the nearby cabinet which he might find useful, whereupon he excuses himself to answer a call of nature and leaves the room. Robbo hears the door being locked. Even more puzzled now, Robbo opens the cabinet to find: a bottle of Black Bush, a glass and a loaded Smith & Wesson revolver. He knows what he must do.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

You stand on your record indeed. Stand away. People will make up their own minds on you and I and what has been said here tonight.
    I have seen the original post and I'm just gonna spit something out here that might get me a ban.

When it comes to feedback you are a troll. Not an ordinary troll, but the duracell bunny of trolls. After all your soapboxing and your holier than thou attitude, you go and show your true colours with that original post and you didn't even have the balls to stand over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Gandalf (23), indeed you were doing OK until you made exactly the same "mistake" that DeV made, and then acknowledged that mistake and took action to rectify it, just like DeV did, though you chose a different manner of rectifying it.

Now you have two options:
    1. I can ban you from feedback to ensure that order is safe and everybody is being treated equally.
    2. I can do the right thing and take your edit as an implied apology for your words, accept that apology and do nothing about it.

Either way, your concerns will be addressed and this topic is over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I'm shocked at the language in that post, disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Gordon wrote: »
    I'm shocked at the language in that post, disgusting.
    All I could think of reading that was;

Perhaps it describes the thread too... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Interesting that we have all these people coming in to kick me for making personal abuse. Where were all you guys when we were talking about dev's personal abuse? Very quiet then weren't you? Funny how your skin became so thin over the last few hours. You lot criticising me are a bunch of hypocrites.

My post was abusive and insulting... I admit that, and I deleted it only because it was inappropriate for this forum. I believe what I said in the post was correct, but the language was wrong for this setting ... thats why I deleted it.

Seamus, you should ban me for personal abuse. I'm not apologising for anything I said. I think personal abuse should be bannable so ban me. In fact, make the ban permanent ... I'm done with feedback and the people here. So ban me for good please.

And while you are doing that, you can all think of other personal abuse on this site that is "let stand" because some people are immune to the rules. The great pity is that most of the loudest voices here will see nothing wrong with that.

Seamus, you should ban me for personal abuse. I'm not apologising for anything I said. I think personal abuse should be bannable so ban me. In fact, make the ban permanent ... I'm done with feedback and the people here. So ban me for good please.
    It doesn't work that way.

The ban is two days. It would only have been an infraction if you hadn't been asked to be banned. I'm reluctant to ban from Feedback because (almost) everyone is entitled to provide feedback, regardless of how brash or irritating they might be.

The two days should hopefully give you some time to consider what your argument is because you only seem to be frustrating people with the same points over and over again and no real progress when these points are addressed by others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

In fact, make the ban permanent ... I'm done with feedback and the people here.

You keep saying that, and yet you keep coming back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Pighead wrote: »
    Pighead congratulates you and your 13 inch penis.

Good stuff out of you sir

I wrote that, no reason to link me to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

smashey wrote: »
    When it comes to feedback you are a troll. Not an ordinary troll, but the duracell bunny of trolls. After all your soapboxing and your holier than thou attitude, you go and show your true colours with that original post and you didn't even have the balls to stand over it.
    Sorry smash but to be fair, how is he a troll? He has a genuine grievance and he's airing it - albeit not very well at times. A troll is someone who has no grievance and just stirs up sh1t for the sake of it. The word is misused here IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

aye, I'm not sure he's a troll, but it's still a pointless exercise trying to discuss things with him. the problem is, Gandalf23 is convinced he's right, and that the rest of us know that and are trolling him. I have a feeling it won't matter what happens here, gandalf feels he has a grievance on a point of proceedure, and he won't let it drop until he feels dev has been punished to his satisfaction. What he hasn't explained, tho, is what that would achieve. No-one else particularly wants dev to be punished, but that doesn't seem to matter to Gandalf23.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

What if I said to you that "I think you have your head so far up your own arse that you cant see the light of day". Or "I think you are such a smarmy little brown nosing lick arse cnnt to the BGRH mods that you would be willing to back them under all circumstances".

So in a roundabout way you abuse me

You stand on your record indeed. Stand away. People will make up their own minds on you and I and what has been said here tonight.

You then by all accounts abuse DeV but then change your mind and edit it so that is ok

And you have the gall to demand action on Dev FFS

I know DeV said midnight tonight, but with the main character in this drama banned for 48 hours, it seems a bit pointless to leave this open and allow people to keep putting kicks in.

If anyone has something to add in support of Gandalf23, you can ask and I'll reopen it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement