Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK euro-song is a nil points dead cert!

Options
  • 01-02-2009 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

They've chosen it tonight and its awful dreck. All very lo-power ballardy but without much in the way of catchy hooks.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Poor auld GB, they really are the 51st state...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Looks like an abandoned scene for The Bodyguard 2. I'm sure the stage production of The Lion King will be hiring in June (she can sing after all).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

mike65 wrote: »
    its awful dreck.

Seems like par for the course for the Eurovision in general. :rolleyes: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

She'd want to learn how to sing

I've been down
    *wheeze*
    Down so long
    *hack*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

What's going on in her head when she's singing that? Like, is she for real? Does she believe what she's singing? Cosmic...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,501 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

it's not exactly Hard Rock Hallelujah, is it. Still, we're bound to give her a few points.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

My god, what an awful pile of ****. The lyrics are some of the most horrible, cynical crap I've heard, and the music feels like an attempt to bland the listeners to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Dante

TBH the thing should be scrapped....it has become a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Lloyd Webber must have pulled that tune out of his PCs recycle bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭davylee

not bad :p:p:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭anladmór

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    it's not exactly Hard Rock Hallelujah, is it. Still, we're bound to give her a few points.

remember there is over 100,000 Brits in Ireland(notice nobody mentions them 'takin our jobs') who most likely give the points to the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

hmmm at least it's really really really boring instead of just really really boring because that way I'll remember that it's the worst thing I've ever heard (including crazy frog and my parents having passionate sex).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

anladmór wrote: »
    remember there is over 100,000 Brits in Ireland(notice nobody mentions them 'takin our jobs') who most likely give the points to the UK.

Regardless of your crass political point, last year UK got zero points so your point FAILS! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Shouldn't we wait until we hear how bad our entry will be before criticising the Brits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

One would think the UK like Ireland do not want to win the Eurovision.

That really is an awful song.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Uggh, why does she breathe like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Nolanger wrote: »
    Shouldn't we wait until we hear how bad our entry will be before criticising the Brits?

Well, it's a little like this: Unbelievably bad song is unbelievably bad.

If we put forward a crap song, that won't mitigate the undeniable crapness of the UK song. It'll still be a shamelessly dire piece of junk with hideous self referential ego-stroking lyrics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Uggh, why does she breathe like that?

Probably because she once heard Mariah Carey/Beyonce/Leona Lewis/Alexandra Burke.

Woeful crap that sounds like a bad Disney movie soundtrack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    it's not exactly Hard Rock Hallelujah, is it. Still, we're bound to give her a few pints.

Fixed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Dear christ that's ****. I wonder if anyone has done a correlation with sh*tness in the Eurovision compared to economic failure yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

Fixed :)
    I don't get it... explain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

points/pints, just having a play on words. It made sense in my head at the time.....

Advertisement