Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Find Quoted Posts

Options
  • 01-02-2009 12:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if its possible when looking at a users statistics, you could search for posts that quoted a post of your own, if that makes sense....

Might be a useful addition. Just a thought.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The handiest way to do this is to do a search for your username. It does have its downsides though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

The handiest way to do this is to do a search for your username. It does have its downsides though.

That doesn't help the likes of Mord/Father Mordmas/Lord Mordimor/PrincessInnocentKnickers/|*SxyDubGrl93*|/Mordeth etc. very much though. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

or fade_to_grey/Mirror/Mordeth kthxbai!/OMG Roflcakes!/The Wrath of Cult/etc.

i swear this will be my last name change!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'd imagine it would be too processor/database read intensive for it to be feasible.

although databases were never my strong point :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

i'd imagine it would be too processor/database read intensive for it to be feasible.

although databases were never my strong point :pac:
    I think it would too. You would probably need to rewrite the post reply function to store the post or poster that is being quoted. Multi-quoting makes it more complicated as well.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement