Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flood Lights?

• 01-02-2009 1:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me what the flood lights are for in the fields just after the roundabout on the way past the Butlerstown Retail Park on the way to Grace Dieu?

I'm thinking its something to do with the new road being built. That or its some sort of floodlit area for amenities? Chances of that are slim considering amenities like that are clearly banned in Waterford. Wide open area for games and leisure? Don't be silly Trotter.

Anyway.. Just curious!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

I think it's for the road down to the new bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭teckno

The floodlights you are talking about are part of the new sports campus at Carriganore belonging to WIT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

The floodlights you are talking about are part of the new sports campus at Carriganore belonging to WIT

Correct and the long term vision of the local GAA chiefs is to sell Walsh Park and Fraher Field and use this as the county GAA stadium.

Easy access with the new bridge open, carparking etc, it all makes sense

Advertisement