Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 charging €20.07 for a €19.99 price plan

• 01-02-2009 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

I'm going to sound like a mean little child here.. but...

Can anyone tell me why o2 are charging me €20.07 every month for my €19.99 mobile broadband contract?

Its a tiny amount, but its my tiny amount!
    If I put that away every month, I'll have a nice cream egg or something else for 84c every year.

Im just curious.. I've emailed them but they dont bother getting back to me. I'll be embarrassed to ring them about an 8c overcharge, but considering its happened now for 4 months, Im almost thinking about ringing them out of curiosity.

I dont use the modem for sending any text messages, just regular net access.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

21.5% VAT rather than 21%.

This caught me out too, I thought I had for once gone over my free call value by using data while roaming, but it turned out to be just an extra 10c due to the higher VAT rate.

Don't think this is the right forum for the thread - just thought I'd reply all the same seeing as I had the answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Ah right, thanks a lot.

Its a mobile broadband charge so I figured this would be the place to find others with a similar issue.

Job done. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Interesting, thought they would of had to stick by their advertised pricing (19.99) and take the hit on the vat themselves.

Advertisement