Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please welcome our new moderator Scofflaw

Options
  • 01-02-2009 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭

Be gentle guys, be gentle...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I for one welcome our new scoffical overlord.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Jaysus, the EU is taking over Boards.ie!

Excellent choice, respected by the majority of posters and always keeps his calm when everybody else is losing theirs.

*The poster formerly known as Seanies32.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Us Yanks still have some input ;)

Welcome! Welcome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

/applauds

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

nesf wrote: »
    Be gentle guys, be gentle...

Welcome Scofflaw. I'll heed the counsel to be gentle ... for a time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

About time someone made Scofflaw a mod!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Good choice, no better man. Good luck Scofflaw!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Good luck, he generally posts well, using evidence to back up his arguments. Hopefully he will moderate as well, I am sure he will:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/
    o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/

Hail Scofflaw!
    Boards and Scofflaw!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I don't agree with most of your opinions but I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemies ;)
    Congrats Scoff hope it goes smoothly for ya. Don't expect the arguments to ease up though :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Great choice guys, probably one of the most rational people to ever grace boards.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

Agreed, pity they wouldn't give him the (pro)EU mod job as well, then I might be encouraged to start posting their again.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

nhughes100 wrote: »
    Agreed, pity they wouldn't give him the (pro)EU mod job as well, then I might be encouraged to start posting their again.
    :confused: He is mod of EU as well, it goes with the territory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

When you run US Politics, you are de facto ruler of all world politics, including the EU.

Don't you guys know anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

The way the moderator system works is that if you're the mod of a parent forum you're also the mod of all the child forums. So if you mod Politics, you're automatically made a mod of Political Theory, US Politics and European Union.

It doesn't work the other way though, so if you're made the mod of a sub-forum like Political Theory for instance, you don't automatically moderate Politics or any of the other sub-forums of Politics.

This is why although I, and the others, are listed as moderators of European Union etc we only have Politics listed below our user icons on the left hand side of our posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Hmm. Is it too early to say "mwuhahahahahaaaa"?

gloatingly,
    Scofflaw

Advertisement