Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A reminder

Options
  • 01-02-2009 1:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=21104

I think many of us forget the sheer lunancy that enveloped ordinary people at the height of the Irish property/ponzi bubble. Hopefully this will act as a reminder.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

It does show that there were people questioning the market in early 2006, but nobody was listening. Have to sigh at the person thinking they would be worth 20% when they were finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Aye, just read that thread. It's mad. I wonder how many people will default on the payment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭twanda

This is very sad. I hope they will not be legally bound to pay an inflated price for a property which is now only gonna land them in negative equity.
    Myself and my b'friend were refused a mortgage back on '06. Little did I know that 2 years later I would be counting my lucky stars that we did not get it. I see over on AAM there are threads popping up from people who are pondering the idea/consequences of ''walking away'' from their mortgages (handing keys to bank, moving abroad and hoping the banks don't chase them etc.). This is probably only the tip of the iceberg..

Advertisement