Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red C Poll 31-1-2009

Options
  • 01-02-2009 2:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0131/poll.html

Fianna Fail 28 % -2
    Fine Gael 33% -2
    Labour 14 0
    Green Party 8% +3
    Sinn Fein 9% +1
    Independents 8%

Are the Irish electorate of the belief that the major parties cannot sort this crisis out ??? Neither of the big two have benefitted, and in spite of decent (if somewhat criticisable) efforts of the Labour Party, they have stayed the same It appears that the public are going for the "safe ideologial" bet of the Greens...because their current performance certainly doesnt warrent a support of 8%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

The Greens' support is so small that I really wouldn't put much faith in any +3% changes. That said, maybe they're picking up more FF voters or something. We'll have to wait until we see the breakdown of figures tomorrow.

That FG and Lab aren't gaining speaks volumes for their poor showing in terms of proposing viable options to what the Government is doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

Is there anybody out there who thinks the greens are playing a blinder in government?

FF in the high twenties?

F. me. We're F'ed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

have to say am utterly perplexed by the +3% for the Greens. Anyone I've spoked to about the Green reckons they are doing a terrible job in government at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

miju wrote: »
    have to say am utterly perplexed by the +3% for the Greens. Anyone I've spoked to about the Green reckons they are doing a terrible job in government at the moment.

Were any of those people in the 28% who'd still vote for FF by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

nesf wrote: »
    Were any of those people in the 28% who'd still vote for FF by any chance?
    Mmmm, that's the thing. I can only count two people I know who would solidly vote for SF and even those two only because I had a lot of contact with UL student societies last year. I don't doubt the 9% figure there though. Ditto with the 11% return for the Greens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

miju wrote: »

I voted for them before, never again. don't know where the +3 is from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

people are going from ff fg to green?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

Het-Field wrote: »
    Should that not be 28?

Advertisement