Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Friday 2009

Options
  • 31-01-2009 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hey guys,
    I know the threads gone a bit dead but it's coming around that time of year again.
    rin087 isn't an organiser, or linked to the event to my knowledge anyhow!
    Koth, delighted to hear you had a Great time!!
    elmolesto, sorry you had a crap time. Indeed the feedback we got was.."It's so COLD!!" We're hoping to get in a tent with a couple of heaters for this years event for people to warm up, the main problem was that once you were cold, that was it, there was nowhere to go!!
    Bob, we've been working with a venue in Dublin organising gigs so we'll have a good contingent down from there and Snowman from Cork have already been confirmed.
    Poxyshamrock, cheers, if we managed to turn a budget of zero into Glastonbury gone wrong with about two months of preparation imagine what we can do in the future!!
    Thanks for all the positivity guys, we've really been going with the flow since this started as a house party, it has the potential to be something very good for Limerick and the support we get is just phenomonal. If anyone has any suggestions for this years event on April 10th you can post them here or to info@greatfriday.ie
    thanks again
    -Mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

post split from Zombie thread about last year's event.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Maybe somebody needs to explain what Great Friday actually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Thats why i asked the question in the dead thread

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I think it's a big Good Friday piss up of some sort involving lots of music and emphatic amounts of booze, possibly in the middle of the country somewhere. Have heard of it before alright. Couple of friends are mad ferret.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 greatfriday

Great Friday started as a house party with myself and four friends in a house on the ennis road in limerick and has steadily grown into a very small indie music festival that was held in Murroe last year.
    We've always just worked according to peoples suggestions and what people want to see from the whole day, last year it consisted of 12 local bands, 2 Djs, a stage and marquee and basic amenities in a field in Murroe. It ran from 12AM till midnight and went down well with all involved.
    This year will see an increase in the number of bands and Dj's with lots of talent coming down from dublin as a result of the work we've been doing with a new music venue up there throughout the year.
    Full details of this years event will be announced some time in late February and i'll post them up here at that stage.
    Fire up any questions you might have, that paragraph above doesn't seem to sum up all the hard work put in by everyone involved in the event!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Each to their own.

Good luck with it. It sounds like your going to make something of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Sounds ace GF!! What is the talent ;) like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭RINO87

Hey guys,
    I know the threads gone a bit dead but it's coming around that time of year again.
    rin087 isn't an organiser, or linked to the event to my knowledge anyhow!
    info@greatfriday.ie
    thanks again
    -Mark

what?? did i claim to be?! :)

didnt get to it last year, hope to make it this year, best of luck to the organizers, hope ye get who ye want!

sparkysrovers expect to find Limericks finest hotties in search of companionship at the fest!
    RIN087, you started the previous thread and asked what the craic was on the day, then some guy accused you/us of self promotion, I just put that in to clear up that you were not engaged in such activities! It sounds awful when it's not in context!!
    cheers for the interest folks, keep it comin'!!:)

Hey all, the line up is pretty much confirmed, Limerick warm up parties will be held on the 13th, 16th and 20th of March in Bakers. Dublin battle of the bands concludes on the 19th and 20 of March. The event will again be held in a mystery location in the county with a bus service running from the city all day long. Pop any questions up here or visit www.greatfriday.ie
    This years confirmed acts are:
    From Limerick:
    Walter Mitty and The Realists
    The Fewer the Better
    Fox Jaw Bounty hunters
    Idle Hands
    Drumming Room
    Benoit
    Blackstar

From Tipp:
    I Caught Fire
    Band Competition Winners: Clurichaun

From Cork:
    Ten Past Seven
    Snowman

From Dublin:
    The Out Last Knights
    Syllian Rayle
    Lights Over Phoenix
    Band Competition winners: The Final of The Dublin band competition will be held on Friday the 20th of March in 'The Great Friday Cellar' at 64 Dame Street D2

The Dj Line up includes:
    Jamie Behan
    Sean Galvin
    Kevin Blake
    Hans
    John Hennessy
    Deadly Buzz
    Warren Knowles
    Adam Dunbar
    Shane Linehan
    Noel Keary

Tickets are priced at €30 and are available to buy from www.greatfriday.ie via paypal and also in Baker Place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

It sounds great & has a very underground sort of feel.
    Deadly stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭RINO87

so i went to it on friday and had mental craic!! rerally well run for an event of its type.

LOVE the way the bakers tent turned into a reggae tent!!

well done and thanks to all involved!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Yup, my gf went to this as well, said it was brilliant.
    I might check it out in 2010.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

from what i heard this is the place to be...count me in next year..

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭orlyice

great craic, well done to all involved

Advertisement