Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PaddyP $40K promo

Options
  • 01-02-2009 2:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

I know this is a money spinner for them but heh, how many many hds do you reckon it will take (stakes don't matter) for the month of feb.
    I reckon I can do 180k hds but reckon it will prob be nowhere good enough.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I am unclear from looking at the website about how the cash table is ranked.

Is it just purely on the number of hands you play regardless of the level ?

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

thedini wrote: »
    I reckon I can do 180k hds but reckon it will prob be nowhere good enough.

That's almost 6.5K hands a day for 28 days in a row :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

opr wrote: »
    I am unclear from looking at the website about how the cash table is ranked.

Is it just purely on the number of hands you play regardless of the level ?

Opr
    yea just raked hds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

180k will definitly get you a prize bt no where near top spot. It's always been long suspect that a big majority of the full ring SSers have shared accounts for a long time and considering Ipoker have no interest in clamping down on this expect those accounts to run at least 17 hours every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

180k will definitly get you a prize bt no where near top spot. It's always been long suspect that a big majority of the full ring SSers have shared accounts for a long time and considering Ipoker have no interest in clamping down on this expect those accounts to run at least 17 hours every day.
    Hehe it's like the old honour system in WoW. If you didn't have at least two of you working shifts, there's no way you'd get High Warlord or Grand Marshall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

you couldnt be more wrong. this is checked and monitored quite closely - you will also see it in the t&c's that no more than 1 serial number can be logged per account. Just because press releases are not made highlighting exclusion it doesnt mean that action does not take place.

you couldnt be more wrong. this is checked and monitored quite closely - you will also see it in the t&c's that no more than 1 serial number can be logged per account. Just because press releases are not made highlighting exclusion it doesnt mean that action does not take place.

Whats a serial number? Whats stopping two house mates sharing accounts?

Accounts cannot be utilized from more than 2 different serial numbers ("machine ID")

http://www.paddypowerpoker.com/freechips/cash-cow.php

Betfred's rule
    6. Accounts cannot be utilized for the promotion purposes more than 17 hours per day. Any player which will play more than that, his points will be determined by the following formula:

Points accumulated X 17 / number of hours played.

http://www.betfred.com/poker/d.asp?show=600k_cash_race

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I simply don't believe that rake races aren't absolutely rife with account sharing. There is no way any 1 person could do what the people who wins these need to do to take down.
    God knows I don't trust anything Ipoker/Playtech ever claim

cooker3 wrote: »
    I simply don't believe that rake races aren't absolutely rife with account sharing. There is no way any 1 person could do what the people who wins these need to do to take down.
    God knows I don't trust anything Ipoker/Playtech ever claim

for the purposes of those old races on noiq etc i fully agree with you - they were managed by the cardroom though and we all know what levels they maintained!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

has anyone actually ever been punished for account sharing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

Is this a paddy power offer or i poker wide?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

tipp86 wrote: »

I'm fairly sure its just PP but i'm open to correction.

For any of the PPP crowd....

How many paddypoints would you say would be needed to get into the lowest bracket? Just a rough estimation even.

Will there be a leaderboard posted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Pulsar Eagle

i-poker wide,either that or vc have gone mad with a 400k rake race aswell as the rest of the sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

is it one of those where PPP advertise it as a PPP promotion and swear blind they don't even know who iPoker are? I remember when they did this before, they really must be the scummiest advertisers in the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

tbh every ipoker skin does this with the promotions and the $2M gtd, or at least they dont allude to the fact that they're on a network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

has anyone actually ever been punished for account sharing?
    Doubt it, sure they're probably nice guys who everyone likes so it'd be a bit unfair to punish them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

RoundTower wrote: »
    is it one of those where PPP advertise it as a PPP promotion and swear blind they don't even know who iPoker are? I remember when they did this before, they really must be the scummiest advertisers in the business.

Don't be so f*cking ridiculous.

a) if you even have a half a brain, it will become clear to you that its ipoker wide.

b) other skins maybe don't want to do a bit of work on it and lash it up as is. Whereas we would like to add a bit to it.

Now if doing some work to get players on board is scummy, then I am a scumbag.

And if you think we are "the scummiest advertiser in the business"...you don't know the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

a) if you even have a half a brain, it will become clear to you that its ipoker wide.

b) other skins maybe don't want to do a bit of work on it and lash it up as is. Whereas we would like to add a bit to it.

And if you think we are "the scummiest advertiser in the business"...you don't know the business.

Fantastic irony,you've just got to love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

Fantastic irony,you've just got to love it.

Thank you very much Danny :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

Its up to them how they advertise ! I wouldnt expect them to mention i poker.

In fact there are probably customers there that have never heard of i poker. I remember when i started playing 3 years ago i was none the wiser and thought all these players were with paddy power.

I never saw anything wrong with there advertising and along with boyles there is a good marketing set up in place in both companies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Tom Hanlon

A $400k freeroll and people still moan and try to poke holes in it!!

I suppose some people can never take the positive and just say well done and keep them coming. PP have been one of the main reasons for the poker boom in this country so why not give credit where credit is due.

Tom Hanlon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

Its up to them how they advertise ! I wouldnt expect them to mention i poker.

In fact there are probably customers there that have never heard of i poker. I remember when i started playing 3 years ago i was none the wiser and thought all these players were with paddy power.

I never saw anything wrong with there advertising and along with boyles there is a good marketing set up in place in both companies.

tipp86 - you're being very kind to him considering he thinks you don't even have half a brain.

robin - if it's so obvious it's an ipoker promotion why would you never in a million years consider mentioning this on the site?

Tom Hanlon wrote: »
    A $400k freeroll and people still moan and try to poke holes in it!!

I suppose some people can never take the positive and just say well done and keep them coming. PP have been one of the main reasons for the poker boom in this country so why not give credit where credit is due.

Tom Hanlon

This offer has nothing to do with PPP though, it's an Ipoker offer. And up until recently PPP was one of the worst Ipoker sites around in terms of cashback. They fleeced there customers but since their customers were to thick to realise they got away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

for some reason this sprung to mind reading the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

This offer has nothing to do with PPP though, it's an Ipoker offer. And up until recently PPP was one of the worst Ipoker sites around in terms of cashback. They fleeced there customers but since their customers were to thick to realise they got away with it.

Fleeced is a bit strong. They don't need to offer the best deals. They have huge brand recognition and probably have the most Irish players of any site (that's a guess) so why exactly would they try to outbid anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭Vamos

I admire the way you aim at your target audience.

cooker3 wrote: »
    Fleeced is a bit strong. They don't need to offer the best deals. They have huge brand recognition and probably have the most Irish players of any site (that's a guess) so why exactly would they try to outbid anyone else?

I am not saying they should, if people arent bothered shopping around for a deal then tough, but I certainly dont agree with Tom who came on a said how brilliant PPP were for offering a 400k freeroll and it's a disgrace everyone is picking holes/attacking them. PPP are only doing it because they are on Ipoker, and the fact they never bothered with a decent VIP program before shows that they dont give a **** about there customers so less of the "PPP are great" lark is all I was looking for.

Round Tower - you are like a broken down record player, isnt it about time you got down from your soapbox and changed the record. Ordinarily I would opt for the ignore user option but I dont really want to deny myself the many opportunities to laugh at just how narrow minded and bitter you are.
    This offer has nothing to do with PPP though, it's an Ipoker offer. .

Eh hello? welcome to the world of business, who exactly do you think pays for this promotion? The skins pay for it on a pro rata basis based on size. As one of the biggest ipoker rooms we pay far more than you would guess towards this promotion.

With regard to the below, all i can say is that 2008 just called and wants its bitterness back, would you be so kind as to send it their way.
    And up until recently PPP was one of the worst Ipoker sites around in terms of cashback. They fleeced there customers but since their customers were to thick to realise they got away with it.
    I am not saying they should, if people arent bothered shopping around for a deal then tough, but I certainly dont agree with Tom who came on a said how brilliant PPP were for offering a 400k freeroll and it's a disgrace everyone is picking holes/attacking them. PPP are only doing it because they are on Ipoker, and the fact they never bothered with a decent VIP program before shows that they dont give a **** about there customers so less of the "PPP are great" lark is all I was looking for.

Eh hello? welcome to the world of business, who exactly do you think pays for this promotion? The skins pay for it on a pro rata basis based on size. As one of the biggest ipoker rooms we pay far more than you would guess towards this promotion.

:confused:

Why not just put this money towards an PPP only rake-race? This would probaly get you more customers no? Or do Ipoker tell you that you have no choice but to stump up the cash for it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Paul Spillane

No you have a choice, we opted out as i don't think its a great promotion and seems to have been hastily done to compete with Ladbrokes.

We are currently deciding what to do with the money the promotion would have cost us.

Advertisement