Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PaddyP $40K promo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

:confused:

Why not just put this money towards an PPP only rake-race? This would probaly get you more customers no? Or do Ipoker tell you that you have no choice but to stump up the cash for it?

do you realise that we are also independently running a $10k weekly rake race, its called Back That Ace Up III, this is on top of the Cash Cow $400k race?

can you leave your shoes outside the door and they will be returned to you fully polished in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

RoundTower wrote: »
    tipp86 - you're being very kind to him considering he thinks you don't even have half a brain.

robin - if it's so obvious it's an ipoker promotion why would you never in a million years consider mentioning this on the site?

Why would we need to say this? Players know what network we are on...and besides, I don't work directly for ipoker.

Every skin has the commercial right to do their own promotion and marketing.

And as Noel already pointed out, we've had our own successful races going on since October.

Also just in response to Chucky, we've redesigned the VIP programme, in fact completely overhauled it, and if you bothered your hole to take a look you'll find that its now one of the best on the network, since the cull.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,401 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

If you bothered your hole to take a look you'll find that its now one of the best on the network

This should be your next advertising jingle.

This should be your next advertising jingle.

:D

Don't be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭RichardB2

Ordinarily I would opt for the ignore user option but I dont really want to deny myself the many opportunities to laugh at just how narrow minded and bitter you are.

LMAO - Pot, kettle, black Noel? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

RoundTower wrote: »
    tipp86 - you're being very kind to him considering he thinks you don't even have half a brain.

True good point maybe i shouldnt have been so kind !

But least i have the brain to know that its not a good idea to play on paddy power Re : Rewarding players with $$$$

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Good thing Boards isn't PP target market.

If PP gave Roundtower the $400k I'm sure he'd find something to complain about. Sigh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

wow at the way ppp employees are conducting themselves itt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭RedJoker

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    If PP gave Roundtower the $400k I'm sure he'd find something to complain about. Sigh...

He's making sure people who were unaware know that this is an ipoker wide promotion, not just a PPP promotion so you'll be competing with players on many different skins.

And also pointing out that PPP have historically been less than transparent with their advertising policies.

Don't know what he has to complain about, I doubt he plays on PPP or gives a crap about participating in this promotion.
    wow at the way ppp employees are conducting themselves itt

Agree, really unprofessional.

RedJoker wrote: »
    He's making sure people who were unaware know that this is an ipoker wide promotion, not just a PPP promotion so you'll be competing with players on many different skins.

And also pointing out that PPP have historically been less than transparent with their advertising policies.

Don't know what he has to complain about, I doubt he plays on PPP or gives a crap about participating in this promotion.

Agree, really unprofessional.

In the past I have never responded like this, and I can't imagine it happening again. But this time I don't see how responding is wrong or unprofessional, for reasons highlighted in bold above.

That stuff would tilt Jesus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

That stuff would tilt Jesus.

tells me he has done good work on his tilt control lately, he has a more positive outlook overall.

JesusSmiling.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭noaces

Paddy Power Poker. I used to love it when it was on the Tribeca site as did everyone. I hate the ipoker software though. It is totally unflexible and kinda clunky if you ask me. TBH I thought the Tribeca software was better. Since I moved to Pokerstars I really cant force myself to play anywhere else. It is just so far ahead of everyone else in the market. To the lads working on Paddy Power Poker( Did you ever think of going it alone - on your own network) or is this completely unfeasible as traffic would prob be very poor?

In an ideal world going it alone would be the way to go, noaces.

Stars is like a country. It would scare you to see exactly how big they are. So everybody aspires to do what they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

But this time I don't see how responding is wrong or unprofessional, for reasons highlighted in bold above.
    I doubt he was referring to responding to criticism as being unprofessional, maybe just the manner of those responses. This is quite a prominent and public forum, so you're not just replying to RT, et al here. Just something to keep in mind.

Of course.

As I said in the post in which you quoted me, it won't be happening in that manner again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭noaces

In an ideal world going it alone would be the way to go, noaces.

Stars is like a country. It would scare you to see exactly how big they are. So everybody aspires to do what they do.

Yea its hard to see what others can do to try and take away some of their share of the market. On the flip side PPP is now miles ahead of the likes of Ladbrokes and Betfair and William Hill all of whom might have possibly had more traffic than you 4 years ago. Why do you think Ladbrokes insists on their standalone network when it is obvious it is after dying a death!

BTW, how long has this promo been running???

I see the leader has played 131,835 raked hands...

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

Ste05 wrote: »
    BTW, how long has this promo been running???

I see the leader has played 131,835 raked hands...
    since the 1st thats sick, thats about 33,000 hds a day, how is it even posible?

The 1st of February???

WTF, that's ~26k hands per day!!

Say 16 tabling at 70 hands per hour that comes to about 23 hours a day.

LOL, at anyone saying this isn't a team playing....

EDIT: That also assumes every single hand was raked... which it wasn't. So this account has obviously been playing 24 hours a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

thedini wrote: »
    since the 1st thats sick, thats about 33,000 hds a day, how is it even posible?

account sharing, I'm sure the Ipoker lads will deny this though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

noaces wrote: »
    Yea its hard to see what others can do to try and take away some of their share of the market. On the flip side PPP is now miles ahead of the likes of Ladbrokes and Betfair and William Hill all of whom might have possibly had more traffic than you 4 years ago. Why do you think Ladbrokes insists on their standalone network when it is obvious it is after dying a death!

Ladbrokes have some sort of a deal with microgaming,sharing cash/tournament tables afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Ste05 wrote: »
    The 1st of February???

WTF, that's ~26k hands per day!!

Say 16 tabling at 70 hands per hour that comes to about 23 hours a day.

LOL, at anyone saying this isn't a team playing....

EDIT: That also assumes every single hand was raked... which it wasn't. So this account has obviously been playing 24 hours a day.

Wow that stinks to high heaven.

It also assumes that the leaderboard was updated today, if it doesn't get updated til midnight then :eek:

afaik, ip's are tracked and 17 hrs a day is the limit for any one account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Nope, they just have sum formula that they use if you play more then 17hrs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

He's 11 tabling limit HE atm, mainly $2-$4.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

that means the leader played roughly 2000 hds/ hr for 17 hrs and is currently only playing 11 tables.

Nope, they just have sum formula that they use if you play more then 17hrs.

Yeah had to check back, its points accumulated x 17 / number of hours played.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

It doesn't matter, could just be house mates taking shifts and so on.
    Are people seriously getting to to suggest that the top of the leaderboard isn't rife full of account sharing. I mean come on it's so blatant it's almost funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

cooker3 wrote: »
    It doesn't matter, could just be house mates taking shifts and so on.
    Are people seriously getting to to suggest that the top of the leaderboard isn't rife full of account sharing. I mean come on it's so blatant it's almost funny.

I can assure you they are all rigorously investigated by paddypowerpoker.com whose decision is final, and anyone slow playing will not be eligible to win a prize.

Advertisement