Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most annoying thing ever

• 01-02-2009 3:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

ok, hi everybody... this is my first post...

so anyway the most annoying, stupid thing happened today..

I skate.. like on a skateboard not ice skates or roller blades.. and go to ennis to skate..

First I went to dunnes skated for about 5 minutes got asked to leave... I'm alright with that, im not supposed to skate there..

Then went to the temple gate, just down that alley thing, skated for like half an hour.. security guard came and said:
    "Ok lads I could say this in simple english or nice english, but I think simple english works better. 2 people have complained of you hitting their cars so fu** off."

Ok.. one gettin kicked out.. not so bad.
    two we didnt hit anybody or anybody's car
    and three he didnt have to be a di**head about it..

So then we decided to, instead of going somewhere and getting kicked out we actually walked to the skatepark... which took ages.. why build it out there!! I mean theres like loads of space right near glór..

SO we walked ALL THE WAY to the skate park and skated for a good 2 hours and at that time we were kicked out for skating... EXCUSE ME.. we got kicked out of a SKATEPARK FOR SKATING!!! stupid council people!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 TheDudeAbides

Kid, if you think that's the most annoying thing ever then Clare County Council just ain't tryin' hard enuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I'm sure the reason you were cleared from Dunnes and the Temple Gate was in case you hit off someone and hurt them or fell yourself and broke an arm or something.
    Maybe you were cleared from the other place because it was closing.
    Get a bike, it will get you to the skate park quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I don't skate and I don't like/dislike skaters, but there was no need for your man to be an arrogant prick about moving you on from your first spot.

And to be fair, I'd rather see people spending their time skating than acting the prick and becoming a proper little scumbag. Take away their hobbies so theres more time for making mischief. Good plan, eh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

There's little enough to do in Ennis for young people so I'm sure it's very frustrating to have to go through all of this, you'd be amazed how benificial a letter to the council can be when voicing your concerns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I used to get turfed off wherever I used to skate (over 15 years ago now). Getting chucked out of a skate park is ridiculous though. I mean, they've got insurance for that so they haven't a leg to stand on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Mr. Elite wrote: »

SO we walked ALL THE WAY to the skate park and skated for a good 2 hours and at that time we were kicked out for skating... EXCUSE ME.. we got kicked out of a SKATEPARK FOR SKATING!!! stupid council people!

You sure you werent kicked out because Lees Road was closing? I think it closes at 6pm up until March, then it changes

Advertisement