Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leaving cert-too old and is it worth it?

Options
  • 01-02-2009 3:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hi i've been out of school for 2 years, i did arts in 2007/2008, but dropped out, and this year I decided to get a job, but it was a massive mistake on my part.

I'll be turning 20 this September so would this be too old to repeat and what is the deal with already having had a shot at free education?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

I did a similar malarky, didnt repeat my leaving but dropped out a good few times. Basicly you pay fees on the amount of semesters of college you have done.

E.g. i did half a semster in U.L. the first time. Therefore i lost 1 semester(or half a years fees). Id personally go back if you have the interest and your course has pretty high points, 20 is still pretty young(im only 20 myself). Your other alternitave is to wait and do your min wage job for the next 5 years untill you can apply as a mature student...and by that stage everyone you know will have gone through college and will be working anyway.

Advertisement