Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

List of Irish Skate 2 gamers?

• 01-02-2009 3:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭

Hey.

I've been playing skate 2 for the last week or so and went online with it after i got most of the story done.

Realised there were a lot of things to do online (upload spots, own spots, yada yada)
    Then seen that you need to progress through the ranks a lot harder then it was in skate 1.

No biggie, so i joined up and started doing the freeskate activities and hall of meats. :D

But then everywhere i went.. there were americans, and english, i know, thats what to expect.

But these were like "Im a real skater, i can do a real 720 method grab into a crooked grind!! If you cant then you dont know jack--":mad:

There was this one guy: Hozer, from cavan. and he said i was the first irish guy he met on skate 2.
    I found loads of irish on skate 1 and thought that these must be on number 2 but they dont seem to be.

So i decided to put this thread up for anyone who is irish.. or sees this thread in whatever way.. to add anyone else for doing those freeskate activities or whatever.

So i'll go first.. :)
    Names
    CMpunked :cool:

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Hey, that sig is gonna have to be toned down mate. Sorry ...

Yeah, I got Skate 2 on friday finally, GameStop got in two copies in Rathmines, only a week after it was released. Apparently there are problems in the supply chain since the economic problems put some of the wholesalers out of business or something. Might be the reason there is a shortage of irish skaters out there. Anyway...

Played it a lot today and it seems a LOT less forgiving then Skate 1, which I think is a bad thing though I'll give it a chance. The graphics are better but i think they are pushing the envelope of the XBOX tbh. The video editor is crippled because they want you to buy the Day 1 DLC of a video editor (****'s) and the spots are harder to master which I like because the last one wasnt hard enough.

My online nick is DeVoreie, I'm getting Gold set up again on my account next week cos I was offline for a while but once thats done, I am happy to freeskate with anyone!

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Yeah. Skate 2 Irish gamer here. Nearing the Legend rank online too. So far all the people I've talked to have been sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I actually think the online is terrible bar the freeskate and free skate challenges.. Like I cant play it, its just so unrealistic. My friends and I who skate together like in real life just play the freeskate.. Anyone else feel same? Take into account if you dont actually skate your probably going to think its alot of fun...

That new video editor.. is excellent! should have been in the game from the start but still... the possibilities are endless. I got some messages for clan invites(lol) but I can see this getting big with videos from clans etc etc all that sort of thing..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hornswoggle

Picked up Skate 2 yesterday and am loving it so far, a definite improvement over the first one! Played an hour online last night, and from what i gather, most of the community is whiny little American kids!

Would defo be up for getting a game going with some Irish people.

Gamertag is ST1GGIE

Just hit me up with an invite when i'm online!

Cheers...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I havent found it to be much of an improvement on the original apart from the obvious ability to get off the damned thing and drag things about.

I find its a bit harder to pull big pops on ollies (last time you could jump a car, not in this version) and its harder to own spots. I seem to come off the board quite a bit and crash more often!

Other then that, it seems pretty much the same game, neh?

DeV.

• Advertisement

Well playing online has gone downhill for me. I guess I must of just had a good run of people I was playing with. Used to enjoy chillin out in Hall Of Meat chattin away, now there's this crappy glitch that launches people way into the air rackin up a tonne of points. The cool people seem to have left. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

rizzla wrote: »
    Well playing online has gone downhill for me. I guess I must of just had a good run of people I was playing with. Used to enjoy chillin out in Hall Of Meat chattin away, now there's this crappy glitch that launches people way into the air rackin up a tonne of points. The cool people seem to have left. :(

Oh yeah i figured that one out.

I done it then seen my rep went down to something like 60% avoid. :pac:
    Not gonna attempt that again.

There is two apparently.
    The first is one where you need to go to a flat surface at the end of the ledge, press Y, and then Press Y again to get back on your board, and while he is caveman-ing back on, hold the triggers and press B.

The other one is a little more tricky where you no comply and ollie as soon as your foot hits the ground while your pushing.

i found these out to help me get the hall of meat challenges done in-game.
    Then went online and seen that there were people doing it all over the place.

Easiest thing to do is just do a file complaint. Thats what the official verdict to counter act it on the xbox forum.

There really should be a "kick" option..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Just got skate 2 today

first time playing the skate series and im still getting used to the controls. Much much better than the tony hawk games IMO

Gamertag: AtavanHalen88 (Dont have gold atm, it ran out last month but will be getting it again soon)

Was playing some of the activities when I came across some ingame advertising for eircom.

P2040459.jpg

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

lmao yeah i saw them everywhere ive nearly been brainwashed into getting an eircom connection ha ha ha

agree with freeskate being the better of the online modes, add me if yee like

tag: calex deus

• Advertisement

New DLC out. Rob's skate plaza or something. Just downloaded it there, only 400 funny money. Heard there's new freeskate activities. Gonna give it a bash now. Anyone else got it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

They're very sneaky about this.. 400 for the dyrdek one.. 400 for the old spots.. You can only get 4/9 achievements in the dyrdek dlc..

Other than that the dyrdek plaza is ok.. really looking forward to having the community center back.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

The freeskate activities, spots and challenges where all very easy. Achievements where pish, apparently the rest is out next week. Don't like this staggered release either.

dazftw wrote: »
    They're very sneaky about this.. 400 for the dyrdek one.. 400 for the old spots.. You can only get 4/9 achievements in the dyrdek dlc..

Other than that the dyrdek plaza is ok.. really looking forward to having the community center back.

That Community center kicked some major ass.
    Nice street lines galore. :D

New pack is available. Much better value than the other DLC.

I feel slightly ROBbed after getting the fantasy place. (see what i done there? :p)

But now i have a good reason to use the points left over from the GTA:LATD.

New DLC available. Maloof Cup, only 240 ms points. Great value.

rizzla wrote: »
    New DLC available. Maloof Cup, only 240 ms points. Great value.

Whats it entail?

Dam i love skate 2. :D

I probably wont care and just get it. Is there more gamerpoints?

C-B-G wrote: »
    Whats it entail?

Dam i love skate 2. :D

I probably wont care and just get it. Is there more gamerpoints?

There's 250 gamerpoints. There's only a vert and street comp in it, plus 4 freeskate activities.

Advertisement