Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramco???

Options
  • 01-02-2009 4:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭

Heard a vicious rumour that Tramco is closing down??? Anyone heard about this???

Apparently same ppl own Q Bar and they focusing money there instead???

Ah what would Rathmines be without the dodgy Tramco;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Hard Larry

sambuka41 wrote: »
    Heard a vicious rumour that Tramco is closing down??? Anyone heard about this???

Less violent?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Oh no! All the local fat chicks are going to have to find somewhere else to go and wobble around their handbags while getting so drunk they cannot walk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭sillysasauge

Zascar wrote: »
    Oh no! All the local fat chicks are going to have to find somewhere else to go and wobble around their handbags while getting so drunk they cannot walk!

omg now that is a rofl and a half, teheheheh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I'd be suprised*, but I havent see how busy it is on friday or saturday. I know it's busy on wednesday but they dont bother opening it on Monday, tuesday or thursday anymore I dont think. Also, I dont know why people want it to closed down. I'd rather have the fat chicks falling around in tramco in a drunken heap then end up going to a club I'd go to.

*What wouldnt suprise if to hear they are closing down because they've been done for letting underaged people in like last time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭sillysasauge

I'd be suprised, but I havent see how busy it is on friday or saturday. I know it's busy on wednesday but they dont bother opening it on Monday, tuesday or thursday anymore I dont think.

Also, I dont know why people want it to closed down. I'd rather have the fat chicks falling around in tramco in a drunken heap then end up going to a club I'd go to..

only the best clubs for our Chucky! tehehhehe and a bottle of rum :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

I thought this myself recently. Shame, it used to be very popular with the teens from a lot of the nearby areas. They all go to McGowans (Rodeo Joes?) in Churchtown now. I was in Tramco about 3 months ago on a Friday and the place was dead. The prices there are very steep which probably doesn't help it.

Management must be pretty dissapointed with it now, didn't they do a huge revamp only a few years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Tramco is always packed! How could they close? And it's not free in to go in there... Been there twice (when i was 16 and 18) would never go back. The place is a KIP! People fighting etc... too much drama!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

No but GOOD! :D

That's their own fault.

Better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭templetonpeck

omg we used to go to tramco years ago when it first opened.....and I'm not a fat chick lol....Tramco, then porta via afterwards for a garlic chicken kebab and walk home coz there were no taxis :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Sean Quinn owns Q Bar and the Kelly family and others own Tramco so that part at least isn't true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

jdivision wrote: »
    Sean Quinn owns Q Bar and the Kelly family and others own Tramco so that part at least isn't true.
    There appears to be some connection between those two premises and The Barge & Messers. They link to each other on their website. Anyone know what the connection is?

edit: Forgot to mention I saw a poster up in Tramco's window last week saying 'Flirt or Flaunt has moved to Q Bar O'Connell St'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Probably the same operator rather than the same owner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭JMCD

Well there definetely is a link, share the same bar staff and what not.

But it is closed, not sure if its just closed for a short period i.e rennovations or wether its closed for good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

Hopefully for good. Maybe there'll be less broken glass all over Rathmines and even along the canal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Tramco is the worst nightclub in Dublin, even relegating the likes of Barcode and Redz to 2nd and 3rd place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 zach morris

Last time I was there some guards on foot saw me get thrown to the floor by one of the bouncers and apparently they spent a good while taking a report or something. Could have something to do with it. I did over exaggerate my injuries when I noticed a guard was picking me off the ground.

Advertisement