Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - February 2009

Options

Comments

Mothman wrote: »
    I think going inland has more of an affect on settling than going up when near the sea.
    Copy that.
    Very noticeable difference between here and the town.
    Also I was speaking to someone last night from the town who said it was starting to settle-at that stage there was at least an inch settled here-so it settles earlier/quicker and more of it.

Currently 2c/-0.6c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bright morning. The sun, for the first time, actualy warmed the kitchen (faces due east) for the first time today. I felt some hope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Just after seeing big dark clouds pass over me ,gave soft hail , dry stuff ,and gave the ground a nice whitening look.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

0.0c here now.

Despite the sunny day and max. of 2.8c, snow cover still complete here with full cover of snow on grass, roofs, pavements. Roads have partial cover of rutted snow and ice. Snow still haning in conifer trees. Amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Freezing here too, impressive icicles from the melt last few days too, pretty cool.
    I have a feeling mountain rescue units are going to be busy tomorrow as the weekend walkers arrive in the mountains.
    I'm certain the general public have no idea of the amounts of snow up there.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

had a couple of snow showers there which resulted in a nice dusting. If the showers could only continue well into the night there would be an appreciable amount of lying snow by morning. no doubt though the showers will die out soon enough and become confined to the coast.

current temperature is 0.9c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

had a couple of snow showers there which resulted in a nice dusting. If the showers could only continue well into the night there would be an appreciable amount of lying snow by morning. no doubt though the showers will die out soon enough and become confined to the coast.

current temperature is 0.9c
    Nice to here you getting snow nacho. Do you think any of the showers will make it to the midlands or will they just die out?

danni2 wrote: »
    Nice to here you getting snow nacho. Do you think any of the showers will make it to the midlands or will they just die out?

to be honest i'd say that's unlikely because the showers will unfortunately soon become confined to the coast. still don't despair if this frontal snow is realised you surely will have snow in your area from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

to be honest i'd say that's unlikely because the showers will unfortunately soon become confined to the coast. still don't despair if this frontal snow is realised you surely will have snow in your area from it.
    Ah thats a shame but it's looking good for you:). Yes I will be keeping a good eye on the charts for sundays event, so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 northtipp

temp -3.5 here light shower of snow just passed everywhere is like a skating ring every snowflake has settled on the ground it was -1 when it was snowing roll on sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Min -3.0 last night; Max 4.2 todat; currently -1.5; lots of frozen snow/slush/snowmen still around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

-1.4c
    DP -3.1c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

The wind is really sucking the heat out of the ground. Air temp stayed above zero and above 1C generally, but 5cm soil temp has fallen to 1C and the surface is frozen.

All water on the ground is frozen. This means that all water on untreated roads is black ice. There's been 110mm rain past 10 days here and this is creating loads of floods from the thawing snow and high water table.

Meanwhile
    Clear 2.4/-2.7C
    A very cold NW wind.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

-0.7c atm. Min overnight -1.4c Clear, sunny and calm.

Still 2.5 inches of snow on grass and full cover on roofs, pavemnets, etc. Complete cover on roads (in estate) of rutted snow, forzen slush and ice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

-0.5c here.

The wind overnight turned NW and blew a load of snow onto our road blocking it at one point!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bright as a button, cold.

i am enjoying the lovely white scene while it lasts:)

currently the temperature is 1.7c.

Sunny 5C but so dry not much of a thaw happening.
    Dp -1.7C

Still snow cover even in the sun. Near sea level and 1.5k from coast.
    Cold northerly.

2.3c DP -1.6c. Max today 3.5c

Amazingly very little thaw of snow and ice - day 6 of snow lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Currently 1.7; Min -2.2; Max 5.2; Sunny day but still a fair bit of patchy snow around. Snowman from Thursday night still looks the same (no deterioration) : http://boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=72349&stc=1&d=1234029210

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Currently 13C, mostly cloudy though I don't think it will last. Next few days will tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Current temp 0.8C, Max 4.8C Clear skies & calm at the moment. That Atlantic front appears to be moving in more quickly than expected on the latest radar though!

Currently -0.3°C, fantastic icles outside from the slowly melting snow, really beautiful :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Now -1.6°C, really falling fast outside.

-1.1c

-1.7c now DP -3.9c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Temperature has risen from 0.3C to 0.9C in the last 40mins. Calm & Overcast.

-0.8c
    DP -4.1c

Wind SW 5mph

Windchill -3.1c :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

-4.0c here now! Roads are feckin lethal.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 northtipp

-4.3 here now onley if we had that front over us now i reckon by midnight it shoud be here starting off as snow heavy at that then rain about 3 hours later me thinks

• Advertisement

Looks like I'll get my first air frost of month.
    0.4C
    Dp -3.7C in a chilly NW

Advertisement