Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - February 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

-0.9c
    DP -3.8c

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

-2.7c DP -4.1c

Very thin high level cloud moving in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

cloudying over bigtime now. the temperature is on the rise - its now up to 0.7 c.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Now down to -3 here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

cloudying over bigtime now. the temperature is on the rise - its now up to 0.7 c.

Looks fairly heavy stuff on it's way according to the rainfall radar. My lovely white garden will be gone by the morning.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

-0.8/-2.5, both still falling.

Looks fairly heavy stuff on it's way according to the rainfall radar. My lovely white garden will be gone by the morning.:(

no it won't. if i have to blow the snow all the way to dublin then so be it. i just can't stand by and watch yours dreams be crushed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

-7.1C at Baltinglass NRA station at 11pm
    I'm off for a few winks, but can anyone check in an hour and see what the temp is then?

0.1C/-3.7C here after being down to -0.4C
    Grass was -5C and 5cm soil 1C

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

Right then , light snow here atm , and no doubt it will change back to rain:mad: in the coming hours ....so for now 0.9c/dp -1.7c ......will be online for a few hours so happy to report whats happening .

kerry1960 wrote: »
    Right then , light snow here atm , and no doubt it will change back to rain:mad: in the coming hours ....so for now 0.9c/dp -1.7c ......will be online for a few hours so happy to report whats happening .

i wonder is it snow on low ground near your area. that's the 64, 000 dollar question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

no it won't. if i have to blow the snow all the way to dublin then so be it. i just can't stand by and watch yours dreams be crushed

LOL Thanks Nacho, I'm feeling the love.:D Well we had a good run in South Dublin so if it's gone it's gone but hey I'm on the foothills of the Dublin mountains so there's plenty left a quick drive up the road.

i wonder is it snow on low ground near your area. that's the 64, 000 dollar question

nacho ....its snowing in tralee atm ......(i checked)........a slight change in temps here now .......0.8/dp -1.0 ......its settling here now.

edit : getting slightly heavier now , but these snowflakes are tiny .

kerry1960 wrote: »
    nacho ....its snowing in tralee atm ......(i checked)........a slight change in temps here now .......0.8/dp -1.0 ......its settling here now.

great news that. thanks for that report kerry1960

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

-0.3C/-3.5C here, if temps can stay low up until the front arrives it certainly won't have a problem sticking when it starts falling

Dp has dropped from -3 to -4 at Dublin Airport at midnight. -3.3 here now.

Mothman wrote: »
    -7.1C at Baltinglass NRA station at 11pm
    I'm off for a few winks, but can anyone check in an hour and see what the temp is then?

0.1C/-3.7C here after being down to -0.4C
    Grass was -5C and 5cm soil 1C

-6.8 at Baltinglass at 00:06!

Im going to stick my neck out and call this one a light snow event,........for most of ye anyway.......a very light covering here ......
    0.5c / -0.3c.....dps rising......snow easing.

Still more or less the same conditions , v light snow , 0.7c/-0.2c.......

despite the cloud it's still freezing hard.

if it does falls as rain when it comes, with the feezing surfaces, the roads here could be treacherous for a while.

Air @ 0.6c /dp @ 0.3 c , wind SSE 12 mph , ??? it should'nt be still snowing ....but somehow it is .....proof shortly .

• Advertisement

Very strange.......i say very strange ,still light snow here, and my W/S telling me it sould be raining ,??? cracking rugby match though ;).

1715cdc7.jpg?t=1234060274

it surely was and liverpool winning too!!... some snow here would make it a perfect weekend

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

-1.1c DP -2.1c atm. Min overnight -3.3c. Snow looks imminant.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Light snow here, looks likely that this front is only going to deliver a couple of cm here.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Light snow
    0.4/-2.3C, temp has dropped a little since snow started.

The frozen lake has turned white, a lovely scene.
    Still some lying snow since Thurs, but the rest is turning white as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

Pretty heavy in Dundrum at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Steadily getting heavier here moderate/heavy now

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

0.2/-2.0C
    Still light snow although a hint that flakes are larger.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

Snowing nicely here

Nice coating on the ground :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

Snow falling in Camolin. Woke up to white covering and light snow fall. A bit heavier now, and steady. Will have to see what Met.ie is calling it!

Good call, y'all. I am impressed.

Advertisement