Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - February 2009

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Nice covering in Maynooth atm aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

0.1/-1.7C
    1cm from this fall thus far.

Sub zero temp now.

I'm now figuring ways of recording the precipitation amount at 9am, never had to do this before during snow.

I have to melt what's in the gauge and yet not miss any...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

1 inch or so of lying snow...first bit of snow all winter!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Brainz

lads i cant believe it - this is clondalkin seconds ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Mothman wrote: »
    Sub zero temp now.

I'm now figuring ways of recording the precipitation amount at 9am, never had to do this before during snow.

I have to melt what's in the gauge and yet not miss any...

A nice dilemma :D

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Little more than snizzle here now, a very weak weather front indeed, probably little more than a couple of mm precip in it.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

0.9mm precipitation 1.5cm snow.
    AWS -0.1/-1.2C
    Screen +0.1/-0.6C

Now snizzle if not very light rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Winter Wonderland in Westmeath. Its the best snow we have had here, its not the heaviest fall but previous attempts were met with the snow melting and this time its sticking and everything is covered now.

A few minutes of small ice pellets, back to light snow.
    0.1/-0.7C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

YAY snow!

Some pics of Ashbourne, Co Meath,

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

the sun is breaking through now.

it's rare that we get widespread snow from an atlantic system:D the front's arrival was ideal- if it had come in at around 4 or 5pm in the day it would likely have been rain in many parts of the west and southwest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Dubs_Fan

mick_irl wrote: »
    YAY snow!

Some pics of Ashbourne, Co Meath,

Hey there mick....things look good in Johnswood. Just to let u know its exactly the same in rath lodge. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Dubs_Fan wrote: »
    Hey there mick....things look good in Johnswood. Just to let u know its exactly the same in rath lodge. :p

Ha! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Damp, dull and comparatively mild.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Gurteen, Ballymote, Coolooney, Sligo town... snow, snow, snow, snow!!!! :D

Just wish I hadn't mashed my car into a ditch.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Snow and snowing :D

0.8c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Brightening as cloud breaks up.

Becoming mild in the sun. Sounds like this part of the world is completely different to further north.

the sun is shining now. a gradual thaw is in effect. i still should have some left by nightfall, though.

current temperature is 3.1c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Pretty warm and sunny down here at the moment

• Advertisement

Current conditions : Day after tomorrow

That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Plenty of snow here in Letterkenny..still hasnt melted since last Monday but we've got another 10cm or so last night on top of what was already there:D

Still going now as well..I suspect I might have another day off tomorrow if it keeps up!

Sunny 6.4C
    Still some of Thursday's snow about. All this mornings snow gone.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

5C
    this mornings heavy dumping is almost melted now except on top of snow areas that remained from last Tuesdays snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Tralee dry 9degrees and yet so see any snow at all. I think yer all lying about the snow fall where ye live:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

temps dropping fast again, 3C. slush and snow turning to ice and frost starting on car

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Gonzo wrote: »
    temps dropping fast again, 3C. slush and snow turning to ice and frost starting on car

Ditto

3.0c Thaw abated for today. Still a good cover of snow on grass and patchy snow elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

-0.5c, lots of slush and patches of snow.

-0.9c now, freezing hard and fog, roads are lethal.

starting to freeze hard now. current temperature is -1.2c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Doesn't look as if it'll freeze here at all tonight; 2.4 now after being at 1.5 earlier for a while.

Advertisement