Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - February 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Dry breezy morning. 2.0C but feeling a lot colder.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Cool, 2.5°C. Rediculious amount of snow overnight, impossible to walk in the fields as its over welly depth, well over a foot deep.
    Rivers of slush everywhere, very messy.
    Snow ploughs out on the main road, didnt even know Ireland had those!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Temp about 3. Only tiny patches of snow left down the end of the garden at this stage. Mountains across the city look nice and shiny white though!

See people go stranded at Sally Gap - even 4x4 no good up there! - http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0204/weather.html. Interesting that even in Ireland the mountain rescuers travel on skis!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wet overnight, brighter now.

• Advertisement

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    See people go stranded at Sally Gap - even 4x4 no good up there! - http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0204/weather.html. Interesting that even in Ireland the mountain rescuers travel on skis!

I'm actually amazed they made it as far as Sally Gap in the first place!!, conditions last night were simply unreal outside.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

i was wondering when i first heard that this morning was it anyone who uses this forum. then i thought surely none of them would be mad enough to try it- except maybe for supercell;)

anyway, a proper spring day so far. current temperature is 4.8c

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

Well unusually the cold hung on here longer than most places , thawing now though , 3.6 c atm .
    Snowcover pretty miserable by wicklow standards , but for here a very wintry morning on the hill .
    frozen ground , freezing fog , rime frost , around 7cm of snow.
    pic from mid morning sums it up best.

b7166e63024.jpg

Very nice kerry1960, certainly looks much colder there. No icles here just a humongous thaw, flooding everywhere. Garden still looks lovely, that wil be covered for a few days yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

Jeez , talk about a turbocharged thaw , now up to 7.2c in bright sunshine.

• Advertisement

kerry1960 wrote: »
    Well unusually the cold hung on here longer than most places , thawing now though , 3.6 c atm .
    Snowcover pretty miserable by wicklow standards , but for here a very wintry morning on the hill .
    frozen ground , freezing fog , rime frost , around 7cm of snow.
    pic from mid morning sums it up best.

b7166e63024.jpg

I like that!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

4.0c here atm. DP 1.8c. Cloudy.

Snow still on the ground here - app. 1 to 2 inches on the grass with big melty patches. Might get lying snow into a 4th day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 wicklowgirl

Supercell, any idea what the is forcast for tonight laragh/rathdrum area???

Supercell, any idea what the is forcast for tonight laragh/rathdrum area???

Very hard to know, there may be a lot of snow again tomorrow morning..or there may be nothing, its really hard to know for sure, am nowhere near as confidant as I was about yesterdays stuff.
    On balance it seems to be likely that there will probably be sleet, possibly snow for a while , as to how heavy or if there will be any settling...check back later, should have a fair idea by later tonight, its a real close run thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 wicklowgirl

Supercell wrote: »
    Very hard to know, there may be a lot of snow again tomorrow morning..or there may be nothing, its really hard to know for sure, am nowhere near as confidant as I was about yesterdays stuff.
    On balance it seems to be likely that there will probably be sleet, possibly snow for a while , as to how heavy or if there will be any settling...check back later, should have a fair idea by later tonight, its a real close run thing.

Thanks, will check later.. still alot of lying snow at the min here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

It's 6c here and wet wet wet.

A few light flakes blowing about but thats it. Radar isnt promising. I'm going back to bed.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

0.8c DP -0.6c Still snow lying here (that's day 4 now! :))

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭jon burrows

Snowing in Leixlip and sticking...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

Waking to snow in the foothills of the Blue Stacks in Donegal... pretty indeed.... hope there is more coming....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Just had hugh clap of thunder
    Seem to be 2 or 3 simultaneous lighting flashes and a long long rumble
    Light rain 1.9/+0.5C

Wow
    Snowing here mothman albeit lightly
    0.8c/-0.5c

Any idea if theres snow in wicklow town? I just dispatched someone in that direction that wasnt too happy !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Snowing here in Clane,very light but its sticking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow
    Snowing here mothman albeit lightly
    0.8c/-0.5c

Any idea if theres snow in wicklow town? I just dispatched someone in that direction that wasnt too happy !
    Not a hope of snow along the coast.
    I'd say sleet above 100m, but it is very light
    1.9C/0.6C

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Dry cold morning. 1.2C.

Mothman wrote: »
    Not a hope of snow along the coast.
    I'd say sleet above 100m, but it is very light
    1.9C/0.6C
    I'll revise this to snow at 100m
    Here its sleet with very big flakes mixed in. Very dark out over sea, where the thunder came from
    2.0/0.7C

Mothman wrote: »
    I'll revise this to snow at 100m
    Here its sleet with very big flakes mixed in. Very dark out over sea, where the thunder came from
    2.0/0.7C
    Note that my grass temp is +1.5C and soil at 5cm 3C.

These huge flakes keep coming down!

Bone dry here! Not fair :(

Thanks MM
    Still snowing here with slightly bigger flakes.
    0.9c/-0.2c

Very marginal though.

• Advertisement

Have to eat my words big time!
    Much more and it'll exceed Monday morn.
    Grass starting to turn white though not settling on roads etc but will be slippy slush where not gritted, this down at sea level.

Up at 50-100m certainly settling.

Advertisement