Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - February 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nothing here except greyness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

That heavy snow seems to be sticking to the coast. V light snow here. 0.8c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Sunny and clear. No clouds.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Hi guys just wondering if anyone can help me out suppose to be driving dublin to wexford (bunclody to be exact) tomorrow and just want to know what the roads are like and if i should bother or not.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Light snow here now, not amounting to anything yet.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

Snowing here in Killybegs :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

nothing. nada. diddly squat:(

current temperature is 3.1 c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

heavy snow in firhouse dublin...livecast here: http://liveireland.com/firhouse.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

Its been snowing in Ballsbridge for over an hour over an inch on the ground big snowball fight at lunchtime in the Park - spread the word!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

:( All we have in Limerick is stupid sun!

I want a snowball fight! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Just checked manual rain gauge and I've had more than 10mm since 9am. If that was all snow it would be about 10cm. The AWS gauge being at 1.2m doesn't catch a lot of the precipitation compared to the manual gauge on ground.

Sleet at moment
    0.8C/0.1C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭boy_wonder

Heavy snow in dun laoghaire the last hour. Enough has fallen to cause complete chaos!!!

:(Just turned to drizzel - snowball fight canceled - slush fight is on though

Snowing again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭cooper_man

Anybody know what it is like out the west.... N3 towards Clonee/ Meath?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Snowing Stillorgan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Snow Blizzard in Galway City .... with scattered showers of flying pigs in between !

Will we ever see some snow over here ?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Rain and sleet here all day so far.

2.1c
    DP 0.6c

Light snow again in Annamoe, not sticking.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Heavy Snow Stillorgan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Bitter wind with light sleet showers here in Waterford all day.... Sky appears to be brightening up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

bitterly cold in clear skies. current temperatue is -1.2

Light snow and drizzle here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Sleety snow in Sligo town now *crosses fingers and hopes*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Tralee 2degrees feels alot colder tho. No snow never get any.:mad:

More than 20mm today. Still some snow to melt in gauge. Today along with 2 days (22mm) ago are my 2 wettest Feb days in my records (Nov 99)

Still some light snow.
    3cm lying
    1.1/0.0C
    Stiff northerly breeze

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Mothman wrote: »
    More than 20mm today. Still some snow to melt in gauge. Today along with 2 days (22mm) ago are my 2 wettest Feb days in my records (Nov 99)

Thats interesting Mothman. You know when we say 'if only all that rain was snow'? Well here we got about 6 inches of snow today. Does that equate to 20mm rain, do you think?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

-2.2c atm. Min overnight -2.7c Full snow cover everywhere with snow frozen solid.

Yesterday was my fourth day of falling snow and today is my fifth day of lying snow.

arctictree wrote: »
    Thats interesting Mothman. You know when we say 'if only all that rain was snow'? Well here we got about 6 inches of snow today. Does that equate to 20mm rain, do you think?
    Well a ball park figure is 10 times the depth of snow verses rain. So the 6 inches = 150mm would equate to 15mm rain, but if part of your precipitation was graupel, snow grains, snizzle etc like here in Ashford then this would not not add up to 10 times depth and so I'd so the 6 inches is certainly more than 20mm equivalent rainfall.

I went up to 90m here expecting to see much greater depth than the 1cm at 12m but it was only 2-3cm at that height. I though there would be much more as a lot of what fell low down melted. I think going inland has more of an affect on settling than going up when near the sea.

Currently clear
    1.3/-1.2
    overnight low +0.9C
    2 cm lying snow which is crunchy

• Advertisement

25.6mm past 24hrs

Sunny 2.7C/-0.6C
    Thaw off plants and probably starting on ground in sun

Tried clearing snow off solar panels, but its frozen solid.
    Will try again in an hour.

Advertisement