Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Biggest Derby of 'em All - The Toon v the Mackems

• 01-02-2009 12:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭

That's right, I said it, biggest derby going. :p Both teams may be a bag of sh/te, but to the fans, this game is a cup final in itself, it has gotten managers the chop. Perhaps only Barca/Real, Celtic/Rangers illustrate the same levels of hate between two opposing sets of fans.

Large_20070815_112456_Newcastle-United.jpgvs monkeys1.jpg

The atmosphere should be electric at today's game. Both teams are in the heart of a relegation battle, and to some, a defeat here today could be viewed as one of the first nails in the relegation coffin. On top of that, you factor in the current mess that is spiraling out of control at Newcastle, the fact that a foul mouthed moron who is loathed by the fans is in charge, and if word is to be believed, Mike 'pies' Ashley will be making his first appearance at St. James Park since he knifed Kevin Keegan walked. All that put in the blender, with a sold out crowd of 52,000+ Geordies screaming their lungs out, should make for at least a battling contest.

From a Toon POV, I am worried about this one. In the last 5 days, we have lost two players who could be the difference between relegation and survival. Barton was one of probably 3 players who actually showed some passion, and gives his all for the black & white. Owen, despite looking disinterested at times, gets a goal every other game. Those sorts of players are a massive loss to any team.

On top of that, I really do fear that JFK has lost the dressing room. Too many of the players look bemused and lost each Saturday, and Given's desperation to get out (when for the past decade he as been with us through thick and thin) speaks volumes with how the team see the direction of the club.

Still, I will remain forever optimistic, and put my neck out for a 2-1 win, Oba Martins to steal the winner in the last 10 mins.

Howay the fcukin lads!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

1nil Sunderland. Jones to score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Well put Charlie.

You've got me all excited now. But am also shi*ting it at the same time.

Hopefully we can do it.

A lot of my mates feel that Sunderland will beat us but only because things aren't as messed up at their club.

This is where we need our passionate players to stand up and be counted. This is a defining match in our season.

HOWAY THE LADS!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

double for sunderland today

double for sunderland today

The only double you'll be having is a double JD and coke to soothe pain of losing to the toon.

My thrash talk isn't as good as it used to be. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

SSN just confirmed that Pies Ashley has just arrived at SJP. :mad:

• Advertisement

Charlie wrote: »

If we lose God help him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Still, I will remain forever optimistic, and put my neck out for a 2-1 win, Oba Martins to steal the winner in the last 10 mins.
    BBC didn't list Martins in their squad lineups...

kinaldo wrote: »
    BBC didn't list Martins in their squad lineups...

Still waiting on the lineups from the official site. They'll probably be up in the next fifteen of twenty minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

That's right, I said it, biggest derby going. :p Both teams may be a bag of sh/te, but to the fans, this game is a cup final in itself, it has gotten managers the chop. Perhaps only Barca/Real, Celtic/Rangers illustrate the same levels of hate between two opposing sets of fans.
    Add River-Boca to that! Trust me, I was there...

:)

SHOLA Ameboi makes a shock return to the Newcastle United starting XI for this afternoon's Tyne-Wear derby clash at St.James' Park.

The 27-year-old has been sidelined with an ankle injury since the 2-1 win over Spurs in December but will partner Andy Carroll in attack against the Black Cats.

Kevin Nolan is also handed his full debut.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1541240,00.html

• Advertisement

Toon linepup:

NUFC: Steve Harper, Fabricio Coloccini, Jose Enrique, Sebastien Bassong, Steven Taylor, Nicky Butt (c), Kevin Nolan, Jonas Gutierrez, Damien Duff, Andy Carroll, Shola Ameobi
    Subs: Xisco, Geremi, Peter Lovenkrands, David Edgar, Kazenga LuaLua, Tim Krul, Ryan Donaldson

Fcuk. :mad:

Toon linepup:

NUFC: Steve Harper, Fabricio Coloccini, Jose Enrique, Sebastien Bassong, Steven Taylor, Nicky Butt (c), Kevin Nolan, Jonas Gutierrez, Damien Duff, Andy Carroll, Shola Ameobi
    Subs: Xisco, Geremi, Peter Lovenkrands, David Edgar, Kazenga LuaLua, Tim Krul, Ryan Donaldson

Fcuk. :mad:

My sentiments exactly. I think Xisco should be starting instead of Carroll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sunderland: Fulop, Bardsley, Ferdinand, Collins, McCartney, Edwards, Whitehead, Richardson, Malbranque, Cisse, Jones.

Subs: Colgan, Murphy, Chopra, Leadbitter, Yorke, Reid, Healy.

Attack attack attack, could be a few goals in this one.

mike65 wrote: »
    Sunderland: Fulop, Bardsley, Ferdinand, Collins, McCartney, Edwards, Whitehead, Richardson, Malbranque, Cisse, Jones.

Subs: Colgan, Murphy, Chopra, Leadbitter, Yorke, Reid, Healy.

Attack attack attack, could be a few goals in this one.

Hopefully not against us.

That_Guy wrote: »
    My sentiments exactly. I think Xisco should be starting instead of Carroll.

I would have Carroll in there, but Shola. That's a fcuking joke. Chap is woeful at the best of times, but is still semi injured. Xisco must have called JFK a fat cnut or something, because it's ridiculous the cold shoulder treatment he gets.

I would have Carroll in there, but Shola. That's a fcuking joke. Chap is woeful at the best of times, but is still semi injured. Xisco must have called JFK a fat cnut or something, because it's ridiculous the cold shoulder treatment he gets.

Hard to know. He's better than Ameobi anyway by a mile.

0,,10310~3276406,00.jpg

Come back Shay... We'll win you a trophy yet.

Only mins now. Blaydon Races rocking the Gallowgate, even Wor Al is belting it in the corporate boxes.

Toon Toon.....

Only mins now. Blaydon Races rocking the Gallowgate, even Wor Al is belting it in the corporate boxes.

Toon Toon.....

Seems like a cracking atmosphere. Gonna enjoy this. I'll be back at half time with hopeful positive comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

COME ON SUNDERLAND, LETS BEAT THEM LIKE WE DID A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO!! :pac:

VISCA EL SUNDERLAND Y VISCA KIERAN RICHARSOOOOOOOON!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Kinnear probaly cant pronounce Xisco's name and is afraid to talk to him! :pac:

• Advertisement

that was very close

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Cracking game so far

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

snap

yap right good match

Jesus we've been sh/te. Plenty of bite in the game though so far, and the crowd are certainly letting the likes of Enrique and Shola know that nothing but 100% is acceptable.

Message to sky, stop showing that fat blivot on my telly if you want to keep a subscriber.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭YDMHSSB

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: oh cos its all his fault. the lad pumps millions into the club and oh cos he was mean to keegan, hes a big baddie.:rolleyes:

the club is the way it is cos the fans are the most unrealistic in the league, not because of him. this is the reason why everybody in the league wants newcastle to go down cos of the way keegan is lauded when hes nothing but trouble for the club. anyway...back on topic, im sure theres another thread to discuss this.

, both team have just hit the woodwork. nolan off the line from jones as he rebounded from richardsons free off the post. carroll hits the bar minutes later.

Bassong is a fcukin beast.

Now that Shay is all but gone, by far my favourite Toon player.

YDMHSSB wrote: »
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: oh cos its all his fault. the lad pumps millions into the club and oh cos he was mean to keegan, hes a big baddie.:rolleyes:

the club is the way it is cos the fans are the most unrealistic in the league, not because of him. this is the reason why everybody in the league wants newcastle to go down cos of the way keegan is lauded when hes nothing but trouble for the club. anyway...back on topic, im sure theres another thread to discuss this.

This is a discussion for another day, but safe to say STFU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Bassong playing well, impressed with spiderman too. I missed the team sheets at the start though wheres Oba and why the fook is Shola on instead on Xisco, give the lad a chance at least!

Someone just fcukin shoot Shola now! :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Jesus Shola is absolute gash, how he is a Premier League striker is beyond me.

Decent game so far, Sunderland looking dangerous, especially Jones and Cisse, I think that could be a great partnership.

YDMHSSB wrote: »

You definitely don't want to get into an argument over that!:pac:

Jesus, Newcastle are muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

1-0 down, Cisse! Classic defending as usual.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Cisse 1-0

Why the hell would i pick Newcastle for Last Man Standing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭YDMHSSB

1-0 cisse. could have been given offside but correct decision.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Cisse! Bit of luck with the finish, poor defending by Newcastle though

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

Spiderman bleeds black and white, putting in a great shift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Newcastle are toothless I have to say.
    Carroll and Ameobi must be the worst partnership in the league.

Tbh, Kinnears team talks must be something like this:

'Right lads. Here's the team. (Names Team). Go on and get out there'.

If Newcastle are going to save themselves this year it's up to the players to pull it out of the bag themselves. Kinnear will do nothing to help them.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Tbh, Kinnears team talks must be something like this:

'Right lads. Here's the team. (Names Team). Go on and get out there'.

If Newcastle are going to save themselves this year it's up to the players to pull it out of the bag themselves. Kinnear will do nothing to help them.

Agreed, the chap is fcukin clueless.

But the team talks probably go a bit more like this:

Which one of you is Insomnia?

/Zog raises his hand.

You're a facking kahnt!

I've been very impressed with Enrique and Jonas.

Jonas' crossing hasn't been great but his work rate is sensational.

Duff is finding it hard to get into it. Nolan has been quiet but good defending to clear it off the line.

Our attacking options haven't been overly great. Carroll has had a good glimpse of goal while Ameobi hasn't been great so far. Unlucky not to get a decent strike when he turned and shot. He really should have scored though when he was unmarked in the box. Well at least get it on target anyway.

• Advertisement

was that a peno?

very hard to tell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Great decision by the ref there. Most refs would've given that as a penalty.

Webb you **** :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

The Mags have started this half brightly. Duffer booked there for a dive in the box. Hopefully sunderland can get the win...
    FTM...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

was that a peno?

very hard to tell

I thought so in real time, but on the reply it was definitely a dive. Good decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Wasnt a peno. diving c*nt

well done webb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,454 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Never a penalty imo - dive from duff.

Duff acting the scumbag.

Thought he was bigger than that :(

Don't mess with the Bass!

I thought so in real time, but on the reply it was definitely a dive. Good decision.

yap brilliant decision by webb

and a yellow card to back it up

1+

• Advertisement
Advertisement