Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State could be sewed under EU law for not protecting Waterford pensions.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭The Raven.

Maybe they could sue if they have it sewn up :D;)!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭EastWallGirl

Hi

Can I ask where the pension fund went to? Surely like wages it should be a priority to protect it when it all goes wrong.

For example if they sold the factory surely the wages, pension fund members and secured lenders are the first cabs off the rank so to speak.

Should there be some sort of law about clawing back director assets/bonuses to pay liabilities?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,077 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The Raven. wrote: »
    Maybe they could sue if they have it sewn up :D;)!!

It wouldn't be the first time that the government has tried to stitch up the EU as regards its legal obligations.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Hi

Can I ask where the pension fund went to? Surely like wages it should be a priority to protect it when it all goes wrong.

For example if they sold the factory surely the wages, pension fund members and secured lenders are the first cabs off the rank so to speak.

Should there be some sort of law about clawing back director assets/bonuses to pay liabilities?

I imagine some of it was held in shares on the company which are now worthless, as well as the collapse of the global stock market partnered with no cash to fund the shortfall this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

State could be sewed under EU law for not protecting Waterford pensions.

Well, you know what they say. "A stitch in time saves nine".
    :pac:

Advertisement