Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much money to bring/

Options
  • 01-02-2009 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hi guys just wondering how much money people brought with them to Aus, im going pretty soon and hopefully will be bringing 7,000 euro which hopefully i can exchange at around 2.10 so that will be 14,700 dollars, do people consider this to be ok? Ill be arriving in Brisbane and will probaly spent 2 weeks there on the piss mostly:D, then im flying down to Tasmania to settle for a year or so, and hopefully will have a job whitin a month at most.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Hi guys just wondering how much money people brought with them to Aus, im going pretty soon and hopefully will be bringing 7,000 euro which hopefully i can exchange at around 2.10 so that will be 14,700 dollars, do people consider this to be ok? Ill be arriving in Brisbane and will probaly spent 2 weeks there on the piss mostly:D, then im flying down to Tasmania to settle for a year or so, and hopefully will have a job whitin a month at most.

Thats plenty, thats how much I brought and spent about 3 weeks in Asia and two weeks in Sydney pissing around then a week down the coast to Melbourne. Left Ireland end of November and starting working next week and still have good bit of money left still in Irish account so keeping an eye on exchange rate before i take it out to go into Oz account.

Everything is cheaper than back home and I have been in the big cities which are always bit more usually.

Advertisement