Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New trailer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Don't much like the look of that. It's only short (so obviously cramming a load of "exciting" bits into 30seconds) but looks like fairly generic "sci-fi" (term used loosely) action nonsense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Hmmm, it will either be a great re-invigoration for trek or it will be appalling. Action scenes do not maketh the movie, but they could do well to pull in a large audience, which is what trek needs if its to keep going. What will make this film great is if the characterization and performances are good. If the plot is even just ok, the film should be enjoyable to watch. A certain level of consistency with the canon would be preferable, as long as they don't do something crazy like sending data into the past and telling kirk etc about the borg.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

..., as long as they don't do something crazy like sending data into the past and telling kirk etc about the borg.

How about sending Spock into the past and telling kirk etc about the menace-du-jour? ;)
    Have to say that my expectations for this movie are rock-bottom but I did like the look of this trailer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

It did everything a superbowl trailer should do...pack as much into a 30-sec trailer as possible with the intention of getting as many people to watch the film as possible. I think it succeeded in that respect. I feel that the movie will have a completely different pace, and will be more focused on the characters rather than the pretty effects.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    It did everything a superbowl trailer should do...pack as much into a 30-sec trailer as possible with the intention of getting as many people to watch the film as possible. I think it succeeded in that respect.
    This is true.
    I feel that the movie will have a completely different pace, and will be more focused on the characters rather than the pretty effects.
    I hope this is too ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Derek Coleman

No it wont. Its a JJ Abrams film. Its destined to be confusing and border line ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

It will be true to spirit of TOS then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMeABD9cIQ8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Derek Coleman

lmao. Exactly like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

All trailers and no movie make Norrie go crazy!!

All trailers and no movie make Norrie... ummm...?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

How will you feel after you've seen the movie? ;)

• Advertisement

Go crazy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Goodshape wrote: »
    Go crazy?

Don't mind if I do!!!

As for how I feel after the movie? I am keeping a very open mind about it, so no preconceptions (other than Zach Quinto looks the head off of Nimoy)

Advertisement