Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unfriendly charlesland???

Options
  • 01-02-2009 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

does anyone agree with me that charlesland is an unfriendly place. everytime i was pass someone and go to say hello to them they always look away. lets make charlesland a more happy and friendly place! nobody seems to know each other here!! :):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Hello, its not just Charlesland but its everywhere now, even a nod or a wave would be nice. We are too engrossed in ourselves to greet others. Its a BIG pity.

Compared to London its happy heaven for us. When i left the pub yesterday a couple of locals at the bar said goodbye. V nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Most of my neighbours make a great effort of saying hello when out on the street. I think when people get off their own road, then it's head down...but not me, I'll certainly look for the other person looking to maybe say hello - if you get my drift.

On a sort-of related note, was down in Kilcoole yesterday in Byrne's pub for a quick early drink. Have to say, the people sitting at the bar were more than helpful by allowing me in to order a drink, the barman was unbelieveably pleasant even though I had a young child running amuck....thinking about it, you wouldn't get that in the Burnaby.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

I would have to entirely disagree. I get home in some evenings and have spent nearly an hour talking to different neighbours in our area. Also I was walking my son to the shops only the other day and there was a guy walking his daughter and we both said hello and had a chat, didnt know each other from adam!! And any evening I have gone for a walk with my mum around the estate if we walk by people we say hi and they have all said hi back!! and to make myself sound more strange a week before xmas me my son,my sister and her children and my mum went for a walk around the estate singing xmas songs to ourselves and people that we passed were all cheery and smiled. I really couldnt disagree with you more. Charlesland has some of the nicest down to earth friendly people I have met and am happy to be living with some great people.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I worked in the cafe in Charlesland for over a year and there were loads of people saying they were new to the area and trying to meet people from around. I would imagine this forum has helped a lot with the Basketball and football threads. I suppose most people are just shy but 90% that came into the cafe were lovely and really chatty. Only takes a 'hello' to start off a conversation.

Advertisement