Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers 2 teaser

Options
15678911»

Comments

Venom wrote: »
    I posted that list only due to the amount "duh actions movies dont need to have a plot duh" types posting in this thread. With a director like MickaBay I never once expected it to be a classic like T2 or any of the others on that list but damm it Bay could of at least tried to make a semi decent flick.

I think TF2 being based on a toy and being aimed at kids is just the same as Spiderman 1 and 2 being based on a comic and being aimed at kids but the later were damm good movies :)

No worries, I completely agree with you though. While action films don't need a layered plot like the Lord of the Rings you do need soemthing that ties it all together. Look at Crank or Shoot Em Up, both are completely off the wall action spectacles but they both have a fantastic script.

I think that with the whole Spiderman comparision you have to look at the talent involve then compare and contrast the two franchises. Spiderman 3 is the Michael Bay version of Spidey while 1-2 are pure Raimi. I would hazard a guess and say that the studios had more to do with the direction of part 3 than Raimi.

plissken wrote: »
    There are plot holes in every movie, even in the greatest action movie ever made, Terminator 2. one scene at the steel mill near the end has always bugged me. When the T1000 finally cathes up with Sarah connor, why in all that is holy does he treathen to kill her if she doesnt call to her son, why not just kill her and be done with it when he can mimic her voice and image already, as is seen in the next scene ?

It always annoyed me too but only after the film ended and I was thinking about it. First time I saw the film I didn't give it any thought, but then again I was a kid. Like the recent Star Trek many films have plot holes bigger than Harry Knowles but you don't notice them becuase you are so swept up in what's going on. As much as I loved Transformers 2 I couldn't help but question parts of it whiel watching it. The whole not giving the all spark shard to Optimus in the graveyard scene and not trying to use it to bring him back.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

plissken wrote: »
    There are plot holes in every movie, even in the greatest action movie ever made, Terminator 2. one scene at the steel mill near the end has always bugged me. When the T1000 finally cathes up with Sarah connor, why in all that is holy does he treathen to kill her if she doesnt call to her son, why not just kill her and be done with it when he can mimic her voice and image already, as is seen in the next scene ?

Never taught about that. Perhaps he needed to hear her voice properly before being able to successfully mimic it?

Advertisement