Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers 2 teaser

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

faceman wrote: »

This discussion was done to death when the original Live action movie came out. All you have to do is watch the Sector 7 site's tease clips of the G1 characters in live action (Grimlock, starscream) to see how the G1 characters would look so fake and blocky on screen.

Yes, it has been done to death. However, I have to disagree with my learned friend in relation to the Sector 7 clips. For they look far more awesome than the crudsticles in the real Movie. Seriously. Would you really not to have preferred to see this

???????????????

Than this:

frenzy.thumbnail.png

Seriously, I could never even tell the Transformers apart in the first film.

That being said, I enjoyed the film as a movie. If it was nothing to do with transformers but just happened to have a similar idea behind it, yes, I would have complained about it being a rip off for a while, but I wouldn't have felt they were bastardising something that was a big part of my childhood...

It was called transformers, but all it had in common was a couple of names and the fact they were robots from outer-space that turned into cars and stuff. Go-bots basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

*Yawn*
    Pinksoir, your points were raised two years ago. Most people don't care. Heck, most old school fans are happy with how Bay's reinterpretation of the Transformers has turned out. Time to move on.

20923614a4347101870b98815215l.jpg

Anyone else find it ironic that some Transformers fans can't stand change?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I find it most amusing that fans get upset and emotional over something that was, in totality, a toy line & nothing more.

pixelburp wrote: »
    I find it most amusing that fans get upset and emotional over something that was, in totality, a toy line & nothing more.

:eek: Don't forget our comic books, cartoons and movies! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I stand open to be corrected, but it was a range of toys to begin with, way back in the mysts of time of the 80s, no? It was just a means to an end really. I'm not trying to denegrate the franchise, but it is just that; a franchise. Between the píssy Watchman fanboy & the píssy Transformers fanboy, I know who I feel more empathy with! ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I stand open to be corrected, but it was a range of toys to begin with, way back in the mysts of time of the 80s, no? It was just a means to an end really. I'm not trying to denegrate the franchise, but it is just that; a franchise. Between the píssy Watchman fanboy & the píssy Transformers fanboy, I know who I feel more empathy with! ;)

the Action Man G.I. Joe fans? :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

*History lesson mode*

In brief, the transformers began in the 70's as several disparate transforming toy lines, a common theme in Japan.

Hasbro did a deal and decided to unify these lines into one.

Now here's where they were clever. They paid marvel comics to give stories and personalities to the characters, which lead to much, much more memorable aspects to the transformers than their competitors (this is why we're not discussing mark or gobots right now).

The toys arrived first, then in rapid sucsession comics and THEN cartoon.

This rather unique level of personality was further cemented because in season 2 of the cartoon every episode featured a spotlight on one particular character to flesh them out (obviously to sell toys.)

And to all those disparaging the Bayformers... yawn. the point is really, really getting old. Time to let it go, transformers are a unique toy in that they can so easily be redesigned for every generation of child. Try to enjoy the memories of your youth and enjoy the new stuff for what it is.

...bay's still an irritant of a director though. :)

SDooM wrote: »

...bay's still an irritant of a director though. :)

Better him than george Lucas, Ang Lee or (current Spielberg)...

The only two directors I can think of that could have done a better job with this franchise than Bay would be Christopher Nolan and Guillermo Del Toro (of couse I stand open to correction).
    Nelson Shin perhaps? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Soundwave was my favourite character back in the day, and I hope he is fleshed out like i remember him. Granted the modern transformers in the movie and much more modern and futuristic looking, they each had a defining characteristic that i think was missed in the first film with most of them Transformers.

I think leaving out Megatron, is a bit poor. He is the opposite of Optimus prime, he needs to be there.

Granted my knowledge if the Transformers comes from the cartoon and original animated movie ( which was awesome) But Devastator for me will always be a huge transformer, combined by a number of smaller ones.

Megatron will always have that darth vader head, and eventually turn into Galvatron. Turned so by Unicron..the ultimate bad ass :D

If only we get a scene with dancing and signing transformers, ill be a happy man >:P

Cant wait for it though, was a bit fan of the first, good sit down and switch off film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I would perfer Spielberg to Bay anyday (current, past or future)

On christopher Nolan...No he would have done about as bad a job of it as Bay. Purely because he doesnt click with transformers (I would expect he would have said No if offered the job) he has the same hang up about realism (look at his interpetation of Batman [which works for that franchise]) And his stories tend to have more of a personal quest narrative to them rather then the group of warriors/friends/allies working together sort. Which is one thing Bay has over him.

Guillemero De Toro is a tricky one, he can do adventure, but he also has very strong visual and narrative streak which might not fit with the alien robots that turn into cars etc.

My Pick would have been Gendy Tarkosvky (Samurai Jack/Clone wars animated series (original) director) great understanding of adventure story while also being able to do the right combination of serious action/good fun that is needed in this sort of franchise.

Failing that Peter Jackson is the steady favourite to dump any franchise on since he did the impossible (make Lotr [and make King Kong boring])

I think leaving out Megatron, is a bit poor. He is the opposite of Optimus prime, he needs to be there.

Weird enough, although Bay is adamant that Megatron isn't in the film a high quality CG image of him
    reformatted with a tank as his alternate mode, Galvatron amybe?
    has surfaced. Although Bay said it was just a Hasbro toy concept, that is obviously not true as the image is of ILM standard and far too detailed to be a Hasbro toy design.
    Of course Bay previously stated he would leak false information to stop secrets becoming common knowledge, so maybe it's all part of his plan to surprise us?

Transformers have one been one of my most cherished and loved franchises ever. From the toys to the comics to the cartoon to the superb film I've loved it all and keep revisitng it time and time again. Bay did a superb job on the film, it was everything I had ever wanted from a Transforemers film. Hell I own 6 versions of the DVD, the HD DVD, the Blu Ray and I'll end up buying the re-released super special edition this July.

The teaser has literally made my year. i've watched it at least a hundred times and will watch it at least another 100 times this week. I would love to get into a debate over Bay's reinterpretation fo the characters, but lert's be honest it's getting old at this stage. If you don't like the film then don't watch it, simple as that. I hated the Spirit film but I'm not going to spend the next few years complaining about it. I'm simply going to try and forget about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

What's with the giant transformer and the two giant tires? Tires! Giant tires that destroy helicopters! GIANT TIRES! :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Mantel wrote: »
    What's with the giant transformer and the two giant tires? Tires! Giant tires that destroy helicopters! GIANT TIRES! :mad:

Michelinman-753287.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

That'd never happen in transformers... especially not tyres a couple of stories tall...

DreamwaveCover6.jpg

;)

Bizarrely enough, my favourite transformers stories are usually the personal ones where they go soul searching (Common enough in OP's case.)

Bring on Metroplex! **

1metroplex2.jpg

** not necessarily Metroplex

Ever seen a mega-mover? One of those things crashing into a helicopter at teha speed would make a mess of it.
    Plus ransformers are probably made of alien super compounds to amke them stronger.. or something.:pac:

SDooM wrote: »
    That'd never happen in transformers... especially not tyres a couple of stories tall...

Yeah but it looks like he's got two arms, a head, half a torso and the rest is wheel/tire/circlely things. Wheels for rolling over things instead of feets for stamping on things :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Even if it's twice as good as the first film, it'll still be a steaming pile of crap.

• Advertisement

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Even if it's twice as good as the first film, it'll still be a steaming pile of crap.

It gets a little better if you skip all the parts with the humans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Boo-yah

It gets a little better if you skip all the parts with the humans.

I don't think jive talking robots are any better

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Galvasean wrote: »
    Better him than george Lucas, Ang Lee or (current Spielberg)...

The only two directors I can think of that could have done a better job with this franchise than Bay would be Christopher Nolan and Guillermo Del Toro (of couse I stand open to correction).
    Nelson Shin perhaps? :P

or maybe quentin tarantino:

optimus.jpg

SAY WHAT AGAIN!!!

:p

Boo-yah wrote: »
    I don't think jive talking robots are any better

What Jazz? He just gets two lines. Just wait till blaster makes it in, then you'll see some real jive talking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Boo-yah

What Jazz? He just gets two lines. Just wait till blaster makes it in, then you'll see some real jive talking!

Awesome! In all honesty I support the use of use of jive talking robots. Laughing at ridiculous stuff like was my favorite part of the first film, the rest I could do without.

or maybe quentin tarantino:

Waitress at Maccadam's: Okay! Maccadam is sending over shots... And you know the house rule: if he sends over shots, you gotta do them!
    Bumblebee: Why?
    Optimus Prime: Hey! There is the rule baby: Maccadam says it, we do it!
    Maccadam the Bartender(played by Quentin): I love that philosophy: Maccadam says it, we do it! So let's do it!
    Bumblebee: What is it?
    Maccadam the Bartender: Hey! Shot first, questions later. Here we go, post-time! Hum!
    Optimus Prime: Wouhou!
    Maccadam the Bartender: Is that a tasty beverage or is that a tasty be-ve-rage?
    Bumblebee: What the *beep* is it?
    Maccadam the Bartender: Allspark Blue! The only energon so good they named a colour after it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

Exteneded Trailer from Friday 13th Movie.

Quality aint the best but here you go

http://www.movieweb.com/news/NE4Wdd99zV206c

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

HD version is up on Yahoo now.

theres a link on seibertron.coms news page to it. theres a hell of alot of detail missing in the bootleg ones and ya get a decent look at the films titular big bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

That Decepticon with the big wheel is ginormous !
    Optimus Prime looks about 1/10 his size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

god i was so tired by the 1st movie in the end, i can still remember the final battle bored me to hell sitting there in the cinema hoping to see the ending soon.

i am a big fan of transformer but i am simply bored by Bay's action scenes/the way he directs,remember Pearl Harbour?such a boring movie.he needs go back to school to learn how to catch viewers' eyes.

cant really differentiate who is fighting who when the battles go on :(hate that they merely pain bumblebee and prime 'originally' while the rest goes plain metallic :(:(:(

the new trailer look similar to the 1st movie,i will defo go cinema for it tho ,with a lower expecting mood of course.

Advertisement