Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers 2 teaser

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Trailer 3 is up (albeit in shaky handcam form). Not a whole lot of nw footage in it though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDkttsmSz9o&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Etfw2005%2Ecom%2F&feature=player_embedded

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Valmont wrote: »
    Hey since Michael Bay is doing it, do you think Optimus Prime will be wearing a budweiser t-shirt at any stage?

No he transforms into:

coca_cola_thistle_cafe_m6.jpg

Actual on set footage..

;););)

nix wrote: »
    No he transforms into:

coca_cola_thistle_cafe_m6.jpg

Actual on set footage..

;););)

That is absolute BS!
    Everyone knows Prime sold his soul to Pepsi years ago
    300px-PepsiConvoy-card.jpg
    At least movie Prime actually has a mouth so he can actually drink cola now

From one of Bay's blogs
    Hey everyone,

In Japan today. After a month and half seven days a week most days going till midnight me and my crew have just about finished Transformers. I have never seen such a level of dedication from every crew member in a movie before.

Even today after the press in Japan and right before the premiere tonight, I have to sneak out to a digital house to approve the last few effect shots.

It has been a long hard road, but really fun one to travel. What you will notice that is strikingly different than Transformers 1, is the level of animation detail. The robot characters (42 in all), you really can feel empathy for them. What is also very different is the sheer scale of the movie. We have been very tight holding back much of the best imagery in commercials and trailers.

The way to see this movie is on IMAX. Never before has there been 4k rendered character animation shot on full IMAX 70 mm film. This is a first and the results are stunning. You will see Optimus Prime in a few shots where he is actually perfectly to scale on the IMAX 50 foot tall screens.

For IMAX, I created a slightly longer cut with more robot fighting. Four scenes were shot on IMAX cameras so the screen will fill the full IMAX screen for these scenes.

Haters beware.

Michael

I cannot wait much longer for this, I want it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

**** IMAX!

What's the ****ing point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

**** IMAX!

What's the ****ing point?

To see Prime to scale, didn't you read the blog!! :D

But does this mean the rest of us will have to miss out or settle for something less because we don't have an imax?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

But does this mean the rest of us will have to miss out or settle for something less because we don't have an imax?
    C'mon it's Michael Bay, he's always going to champion the most awesome of anything; us mere mortals will have to contend ourselves with our standard humongous screens :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

If you have an iPhone you can download part 1 of 4 of the comic book version of the film from the App Store. Search for IDW Publishing. Its 79c and full of spoilers, obviously.

I have no will power. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

just in from a preview

i havent seen the original, so i completely didnt know what i was letting myself in for but i managed to last an hour before leaving. just couldnt get past the absolute naffness of the whole thing, from the scripting to the acting to the big alien robots

suspension of disbelief didnt kick in and it becomes the second movie ive ever walked out of (the first being disaster movie, which will give you an idea of my threshold)

i have no doubt some will love it, but definitely not for me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Helix wrote: »
    just in from a preview

i havent seen the original, so i completely didnt know what i was letting myself in for but i managed to last an hour before leaving. just couldnt get past the absolute naffness of the whole thing, from the scripting to the acting to the big alien robots

suspension of disbelief didnt kick in and it becomes the second movie ive ever walked out of (the first being disaster movie, which will give you an idea of my threshold)

i have no doubt some will love it, but definitely not for me

If you couldnt "get past" the big alien robots what in the world were you doing there in the first place

what was Dark Knight like for you? What with "getting past" men dressing like bats n'all :rolleyes:

no because dark knight worked, thats the difference

no this was a mess. ill watch any oul rubbish like but this really was poor

cutting to dogs riding for cheap laughs, his ma getting stoned on hash brownies, a room mate who has delusions of becoming an internet millionaire by selling calanders of kittens... add that to some of the worst acting and scripting i think ive ever seen and you get the idea. the list goes on too. had it been some sort of cheap college humour movie some parts wouldve worked, but instead wrapping it in an action flick about alien robots the whole thing just never resolved itself into any sort of coherent movie

quite disappointed that it sucked balls so bad to be honest

got a text off a mate who stuck it out, and it didnt get any better either

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

cutting to dogs riding for cheap laughs, his ma getting stoned on hash brownies, a room mate who has delusions of becoming an internet millionaire by selling calanders of kittens...

oh dear...

it's one of those films.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

i was at the premiere too, ravage (he looks awesome, much scarier than his cartoon counterpart!) was in it, so that pleased me but soundwave was not a cassette player :( that would have been fantastic.:pac:

i liked it, mainly cuz that was one of the cartoons i loved when i was growing up. it's drawn out a bit and it's easy to see what's going to happen but it's still fun to watch.

you get more close shots of the robots and seeing some of them assembled is incredible (devastator springs to mind!)

arcee is in it - token "girl"
    but she's made up of three motorcycles instead of one; i guess they were trying to represent the other autobot girls

the plot is a bit meh
    the robot portrayed as the main antagonist is killed within seconds of fighting prime; the other decepticons put up much more of a fight. revenge of the fallen is more like split second flailing of the fallen
    but it's a great watch, especially if you loved the cartoon.

oh and guess who escapes again at the end of this one? :rolleyes: sequel ahoy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

but it's a great watch, especially if you loved the cartoon

I loved the cartoon and this was pure tripe. Effects good, just everything else was unbelievably bad. Cliche after cliche. I shuddered at the end it was so bad. Another franchise ruined, they could have made it so good but they threw it together like crap. I could type for an hour with all the stupid things that happen in this movie.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

FrostyJack wrote: »
    I loved the cartoon and this was pure tripe. Effects good, just everything else was unbelievably bad. Cliche after cliche. I shuddered at the end it was so bad. Another franchise ruined, they could have made it so good but they threw it together like crap. I could type for an hour with all the stupid things that happen in this movie.
    Did you like the 1st one?

FrostyJack wrote: »

Sometimes I think people over-rate the original cartoon just a little bit...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

People talk about the 80s cartoon as if it were Tolstoy ffs; they shoudl just admit that Michael Bay has translated perfectly what the cartoons always were; cheesy garbage with robots dusting off against each other.

pixelburp wrote: »
    cheesy garbage with robots dusting off against each other.
    **** ya! :P

Did you like the 1st one?

Yeah, it was stupid in places, but it was a good solid action film. The sequel was basically copy and paste from the first one then throw random scenes around with toilet humour attached.
    Sometimes I think people over-rate the original cartoon just a little bit...

Having seen a few episodes recently I know the cartoon was crap. Still doesn't make it mean they had to go there with the film. Couldn have been brilliant but for some reason they didn't.
    robots dusting off against each other

Yeah wouldn't mind if they did but US military do most of the fighting and the killing in it, like the first one. I could safely say the US could have fought the Decepticons better than the Autobots did if given an open war. I don't rememeber the humans being big players in the cartoon.

• Advertisement

Helix wrote: »
    no because dark knight worked, thats the difference

no this was a mess. ill watch any oul rubbish like but this really was poor

cutting to dogs riding for cheap laughs, his ma getting stoned on hash brownies, a room mate who has delusions of becoming an internet millionaire by selling calanders of kittens... add that to some of the worst acting and scripting i think ive ever seen and you get the idea. the list goes on too.

In a movie about giant robots from another planet that tranform into vehicles and kick the **** out of each other, these are the parts you had trouble with?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

When i watch the first movie on DVD now, i skip over the human scenes. They suck awful. But i dont care cos the action scenes are lots of fun.

I hardly expecteed the second movie to improve upon it, it is Michael Bay after all.

Would i sacrifice the awesomeness of 100ft robots kicking the crap out of each other while travelling at 90mph down a motorway for improved acting and/or dialogue during the human scenes? Do i even need to answer that? ;)

In a movie about giant robots from another planet that tranform into vehicles and kick the **** out of each other, these are the parts you had trouble with?

yes

suspension of disbelief

google it

faceman wrote: »
    the awesomeness of 100ft robots kicking the crap out of each other while travelling at 90mph down a motorway
    And this is why i loved the first one. More please. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

When I go to see this movie, I am expecting to see larger than life sized alien machines and lots and lots of explosions. So long as the movie provides me this, I shan't be dissatisfied :D

The dafter the better tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Seen it tonight..was unreal.From start to finish was amazing.Had explosions,had big ass robots (and small ass robots) and best of all..a slow mo of Megan fox running:p

And Helix dont tell me those parts were'nt funny..The film was so much better with the extra bit of humour...Terminator is prob more your cup of a tea,full on serious action film

had big ass robots (and small ass robots)

Yeah but the small ass robots did infinitely more damage than stupid ass big ass robots that were all beaten so easily and stupidly it would have been better without them.
    best of all..a slow mo of Megan fox running

This is the only reason to buy this on blu ray!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭2Bv¬2B

Just seen it, WOW,

could there be any more explosions?

Soby wrote: »
    And Helix dont tell me those parts were'nt funny..The film was so much better with the extra bit of humour...Terminator is prob more your cup of a tea,full on serious action film

they werent funny, they were embarrassing

and terminator died with t2

• Advertisement

Yeah, everyone wants to see Transformers: the Melodrama.

Advertisement