Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers 2 teaser

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i liked them in the first film, this time it felt much more forced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭singee88

complete an utter letdown for me the special effects were good story line was poor,i wanted it to ed after 30mins it was that bad just awful

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The mother was absoluetly batsh*t crazy in this one; the hash-cookies scene was abysmal, real toe-curling stuff.

faceman wrote: »
    I hipe you arent viewing my posts as confrontational :)

Oh you'll know when in confrontation sonny boy. :D

Saw it Saturday and loved it. Sure some of the comedy was inappropriate and over the hop but according to Roberto Orci the humour was supposed to be outrageous. While a lot of it was inappropriate for children I did find myself laughing at it more often than not.

I think the biggest shock to me was that I cried so bloody much. Watching
    Optimus die brought back childhood memories of watching the original film. And well I'm not ashamed to say that I cried and that wasn't the only time either.

Regarding the using the
    All Spark fragment to bring back Prime I'm assuming that they couldn't as his spark had been destroyed and also that the spark fragment would not have been powerful enough. When they brought back Jetfire he was old and falling to bits, I assumed this was down to the spark not having enough power to resurrect him at fill strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

nix wrote: »
    Just LOL at you.

Whats the point in rebooting something though if your not gonna stay true to it? They may aswell have just made up a franchise of their own no?

And not everybody is as easily amused as yourself ;)
    ]

Surely your not that naiive?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Theres a legion of people who were wiating 20 years for live action Transformers movies. They'd be stupid to not have made them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I just think they took a potentially good story idea,
    the Prime brothers thing, matrix of leadership, The Fallen, Sun Harvester
    and spent too much time making the film a bit of craic
    lets have the little Decepticon hump Megan Fox' leg, lets give the best Decepticon yet two big brass balls and reference it, let's use a few swear words that are completely unnecessary, lets have that guy in a jock strap, let's have jive talking Transformer stereotype tokens

Overall, I'd love to see the movie recut without a lot of the horse manure because there is an EPIC storyline in there somewhere if only the lads didn't use it as a plaything. It's like what Empire Strikes Back would have been if Jar Jar replaced Chewbacca and the AT-AT had a set of testicles for Antilles to drag it to the ground by instead of it's legs.

I prefer Empire as it is, wish Transformers had been like that and feel that it could have been.

Still enjoyed it though, it had Transformers in it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I went to see it last night. My missus wanted to see it so I didn't have much choice. I was expecting something totally crap after all the reviews and this thread.

We enjoyed it though and maybe reading this thread helped me. My expectations were low and it ended up much better than I expected.

The slow closeups of Megan were cheesy, the
    hash scene
    was just daft and the transforming effects were just a blurry mess. But it had lots of guns, explosions and loud music. The Optimus Prime voiceovers at the start and end were a bit cringeworthy but when you're looking at a robot that transforms into a truck you're not expecting Shakespeare.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Stekelly wrote: »
    Surely your not that naiive?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Theres a legion of people who were wiating 20 years for live action Transformers movies. They'd be stupid to not have made them.

I'm not saying they shouldn't make it, just wanted them to put a bit more effort into it considering the $$$$$ they get back from it ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

The slow closeups of Megan were cheesy, the
    hash scene
    was just daft and the transforming effects were just a blurry mess. .

Now that you mention it, i thought the transformations in the first film were alot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭irishthump

pixelburp wrote: »
    But once again it doesn't matter a jot because ooh-look-noisy-explosions let's not think too hard.

You absolutley right... I think far too many people, the above poster included, are thinking about this movie WAAAY too much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

the transforming effects were just a blurry mess.
    Need to be viewed in HD tbh. The first movie comes to life on Blu-Ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

but when you're looking at a robot that transforms into a truck you're not expecting Shakespeare.

That doesn't give you a licence to make uncoherent crap. The excuse of being a kids film doesnt wash anymore either as nearly every film out now is PG, which really peeves me off. I could have writen a better script that kids would have enjoyed and not just confuse everyone (with a brain).
    I only remembered the worse bit about the end where Sam spends 3 hours arguing with his parents to leave and get Bumblebee to take them to a safe place, but where do they end up? You guessed it in the front line of the battle when Sam is killed/knocked out, just added to the confusion of the climax

FrostyJack wrote: »
    I could have writen a better script that kids would have enjoyed and not just confuse everyone (with a brain).
    [/SPOILER]

Yes, but you would have probably left out the big explosions and Megan Fox running in slo-mo in a low cut top.

On a side note:

I'm pretty sick of hearing people moan about Michael Bay and his cinematic "*****ng"!

For close on 20 years we have had Tarantino "*****ng" into our popcorn and nachos, but no-one seems to complain about THAT!

but no-one seems to complain about THAT

I did! But noone would listen. I liked most of Bay's films, major exception of Pearl Harbour and Transformers 2 ( I say both in the same breath, wait I take that back, Transformers wasnt that bad)

Yes, but you would have probably left out the big explosions and Megan Fox running in slo-mo in a low cut top.

No they were the only things I would have left in.

I did! But noone would listen.

Well then, sir I apologize!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

irishthump wrote: »
    For close on 20 years we have had Tarantino "*****ng" into our popcorn and nachos, but no-one seems to complain about THAT!

Now there's an image that I didn't need :)

I liked most of Bay's films, major exception of Pearl Harbour and Transformers 2

I, on the other hand think most of his movies are absoloute pants, but I did like the 2 Transformer movies.

Now there's an image that I didn't need :)

QT's career is filled with images like that... just look at his face if you don't believe me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

I liked the first one but this was too long, over the top with the dad son scene, felt like barfing, way too gung ho with the US military kicking robot ass. GF thought it was good but was suprised there were a lot of sexual references and swearing, when there were so many children at it/aimed at children?
    Special effects good, overall bit rubbish
    I guess its for kids mostly or at least not open to criticism, it is after all about alien robots :) on the other hand, what was the deal with the bit of metal that fell out of his jacket, strange no one ever noticed that before or that the car transformer couldnt tell that girl was a deceptacon? and keep the door locked???
    overall poor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

faceman wrote: »
    Now that you mention it, i thought the transformations in the first film were alot better.

I taught the Ironhide transformation at the start was excellent. Ditto for Prime's transformation in the hanger (better than his 'money shot' one in the first film). Devastator's was pretty sweet too
    although I would have preferred to see Constructicons actually merge into him rather than just vehicles

Dunno about the point constantly being made about the US military being too powerful* against the Transformers:
    They didn't exactly fare too well against the Fallen

*That said
    taking Devastator out with a rail gun just came out of left field

Dunno about the point constantly being made about the US military being too powerful* against the Transformers:
    They didn't exactly fare too well against the Fallen.

Yeah because magic is the one thing that isn't in US Army doctrine. Though
    They did magic their tanks from the beach head to the battle at the same time it took the fighter bombers i.e. faster than the speed of light ??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

irishthump wrote: »
    You absolutley right... I think far too many people, the above poster included, are thinking about this movie WAAAY too much.
    I think you used my comment out of context; I was being sarcastic. I found the movie an overlong offensive mess but clearly made under the assumption that if you throw enough elaborate explosions onto celluloid this will make up for it & satisfy some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Have not seen ROTF yet but hope to over the weekend, however, from what I have read so far looks like I am going to be as disappointed with it as I was with the first one.

First off, what is this obsession with Megan Fox? She is hot, I get it, but she is not out of this world. I dont understand people in this thread and others giving a third of the credit as to why the enjoyed the movie to her. Surely Transformers should be about something bigger than "Yer wan is a ride".

One of the things I criticised the first one for was lack of charachter development of the bots. Both Autobots and Decepticons. There was one scene where they introduce themselves, and thats it. Jazz got about 2 lines in and then dies.

Another reason I was disappointed is there were way too many humans in it. Between the squad of soldiers, the Signal Intel guys, the black doughnut eating Hacker, Sector Seven, The Secretary of Defence AND the Witwicky family(+dog), there was no room for the Robots to do any talking/bonding.

Would I be right in saying they have done the same again with hundreds of pointless charachters that they can sell Action Figures of?

Would I be right in saying there is another embarassing family moment? Resembling something you would expect in American Pie, and not in something as epic as Star Wars?

/me shudders when he remembers Sams Happy time.

Someone mentioned the transformers transformations look worse than the first movie? Cripes. I thought it was terrible in the first one, how could it get worse?

Truck, blurry movements reminiscent of someone solving a rubix cube ultra fast, Robot.

I know I am being silly slating a movie without seeing it, but if it resembles the first movie in these silly aspects, then I will be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

One word to describe Transformers 2 : Absolutely Awful.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

syklops wrote: »
    Would I be right in saying they have done the same again with hundreds of pointless charachters that they can sell Action Figures of?

Except this time round most of the pointless characters are actually transformers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

BigAl81 wrote: »
    One word to describe Transformers 2 : Absolutely Awful.

Bollocks.

Edit: I meant Bollocks as in an exclamation of disgust. Not what you just said is Bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Meh. Balls to ye all. Seen it twice and loved it twice.
    Some cringeworthy scenes yeah but the good far outways the bad. I mean
    Prime with dual energon swords taking on 3 decepticons at once destroys any piece of action ive ever seen.It actually had me giddy.But the end of the scene gave me flashbacks to the animated film :(
    And am I the only one who loved Sideswipe?
    I think people are reading far too much into it.You want Empire stuff,read the old comics. They go pretty deep. This was what I wanted it to be.
    Big robots going hand to hand beating the sh!t out of each other: Check, Megan Fox in slo-mo and revealing clothes: Check,
    Shia getting hurt a bit: Check,
    Sexy Cars: Check,
    Stupid Jokes: Check,
    Absolutely brainless loud action? :Checkeroo
    I never thought about offensiveness,plot holes or cheesyness with the toys,cartoons or anything and im not gonna start now:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

And am I the only one who loved Sideswipe?

what for? the 45 second screen time he had in the film?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    what for? the 45 second screen time he had in the film?
    Well he was always one of my favourites and never really a major character.
    Anybot who cuts an R8 in half and carries 2 giant blades wins in my book.And he still got more screen time then Volt :P

Advertisement