Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers 2 teaser

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

BigAl81 wrote: »
    One word to describe Transformers 2 : Absolutely Awful.
    Isn't that 2 words?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Savman wrote: »
    Isn't that 2 words?
    And due to this his opinion is now null and void :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

I dunno, I never really seen the old cartoons. So no nostalgia or expectations were there when i seen the first one.

I'd rather if the camera wasn't so stupidly close in all the good scenes, rather there not be horrible cheesy dialogue through the whole film and I'd rather not give a **** how good looking that bint is, seriously.., get over it.

The robits were cool, the action was good and the transformations and the sound effects were deadly. And I've only seen the first film!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Prime with dual energon swords taking on 3 decepticons at once destroys any piece of action ive ever seen.It actually had me giddy.But the end of the scene gave me flashbacks to the animated film :(

What? This is the same Prime that got his ass handed to him in the first one
    now can take on Megatron and 2 others easily and almost won if he wasn't saving Sam
    Also most if it was a blur so it was hardly the best action scene ever.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Just back from the Omniplex in Limerick. Have to say it ws the bigget pile of garbage I have seen in the last 2-3 years. And this is coming from a guy who grew up on Transformers.

It ws an hour too long and there was so much unnecessary action sequences that it was one big blur.

And don't even get me started on the film version of
    jetfire...quite possibly one of the coolest ever transofrmers and we get an english fn pirate who can barely walk

There was so much wrong with this film, it is making my prized Masterpiece Starscream model cry.

The only redeeming features were some laugh-out-loud comedy moments.

Michael Bay..one word. FAIL!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Have to say it ws the bigget pile of garbage I have seen in the last 2-3 years. And this is coming from a guy who grew up on Transformers.

You havent seen Terminator Salvation yet have you?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

faceman wrote: »
    You havent seen Terminator Salvation yet have you?

No, but my brother saw both yesterday and thought Terminatior was good. He hated Transformers 2.

BTW...
    Not only was Jetfire a travesty, but when did transformers develop the ability to take perfect human form??? :mad:

The annoying thing is that if they reedited the film and cut out about 40 minutes, I think you might have a decent film there.

Honestly people, if you haven't gone to see Star Trek yet, hoping that Transformers/Terminator would be better and fill your need for a summer blockbuster, go see it now while it's still in cinemas. If you are overlooking it because it is called Star Trek, then you are not doing yourself justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Seen it last night and was aprehensive about the negative reviews.
    And tbh they werent wrong. This isnt a good movie.
    However I still loved it!

But then I couldnt give a f*ck what "up-their-own-hole" movie critics think anyway. They can stick to their "Black & white swedish language art house film about the strife of a deaf mute holocaust survivor and their reflections on life" :D

Transformers 2 was loud, brash and unashamedly so.
    It was childishly cool, looked and sounded great and was great enjoyment from start to finish

Transformers isnt and never was Tolstoy people!
    Just enjoy the film for what it is in all its product placement glory!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

But then I couldnt give a f*ck what "up-their-own-hole" movie critics think anyway. They can stick to their "Black & white swedish language art house film about the strife of a deaf mute holocaust survivor and their reflections on life" :D

Actually most of those critics are recommending people see Star Trek or The Hangover, which both have the best word-of-mouth week by week drops of any other movies this summer

I saw it on monday night and enjoyed it a lot. There were a couple of bits that should have been left on the editing room floor but on the whole it's a great popcorn movie. Peoples expectations for these films are far too high.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭FishFood

I do agree with some posters on here when they say that you do have to somewhat lower your expectations when you go to see this, its not going to be the most brain engaging film but I have to say it was entertaining and funny in parts.

A few things stuck out for me that kind of needed tweaking and would have made it a lot better in my eyes:

1. What I liked about the first film was the Transformers actually transforming during action sequences, 2 best examples for me were Barricade rolling over after being tripped and transforming into the car as he moved to chase them, also Starscream taking out a few raptors while transforming in and out of plane in mid-air. Not so much of that in this one, either car/plane or robot while fighting.

2. The testicles....no....just....no.

3. What is with the body fluid additions? Spitting? Drooling? Bleeding?!

Megatron being weak compared to first film, went from unstoppable to being knocked around by prime and the military in the end.

The ending....did anyone else think the Fallen was ridiculously underused? Oh hes a major bad guy, one of the first transformers bla bla, talks a lot, but only appears right at the end...oh no...he has the key....oh noes...the machine is on....oh n......oh wait, prime has nuked the machine, taken megatron down and punched right through the fallen...in under a minute....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Agree with the last point from the perspective: "for a 2.5 hr movie, wasnt the climax pretty quick?"

Perhaps the editing was at fault or mabey the budget/release schedual were an issue so the end wasnt perhaps as big as some previous scenes?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

FutureGuy wrote: »
    but when did transformers develop the ability to take perfect human form??? :mad:

I think it was 1987

Galvasean wrote: »
    I think it was 1987
    Someone else remembers!!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

I think it was 1987

glad i seen that now because i hated having a decepticon that had skin, it didnt seem right at all but at least they didnt just make it up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

I think it was 1987
    Although its technically cannon i still think its a terrible idea to have it in the film, plus did yer wan really serve any purpose?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Patricide wrote: »
    Although its technically cannon i still think its a terrible idea to have it in the film, plus did yer wan really serve any purpose?

She was just an excuse to throw another smokin' hot babe and a couple of gtratuitus ass shots into the movie.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

She was just an excuse to throw another smokin' hot babe and a couple of gtratuitus ass shots into the movie.

So yes then. She did serve a purpose. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

thinking about it some more.

does this film line up with the plot of transformers 1 well?

Just considering how suddenly touching the cube makes human's go crazy when they touched it numerous times in the first film.

Also Sam's grandfather didnt go crazy from the cube, according to my memory and wikipedia:
    Captain Witwicky accidentally activated Megatron's navigational system and his eye glasses were imprinted with the coordinates of the All Spark's location, an incident that left him blind and mentally unstable.

So why has it suddenly changed to him touching the cube (which sam states during his breakdown)

Even more confusing is the sudden appearance of the fallen as the leader of the deceptacons. I originally thought from early rumours that he was trapped on some parallel plain, but nope, he's in some castle/spaceship with megatron as his apprentence.

2 things though

1. If he knew all this time that the sun eater was on earth (and the key) but optimus prime didnt arrive until the first film, why didnt he scour the planet looking for it *before* megatron etc brought the cube and turned everyone's attention to earth. The film tries to say there were prime's watching over earth all the time to stop him, but that makes it more confusing in how the hell they missed both megatron and the cube coming to earth aswell??? If they died out before then that was a 100 years before the film, so he enough time to search for the sun eater enslave humans and maybe free megatron???

2. IF he lost megatron as an apprentice over a 100 years ago why does he sit around and do nothing for a 100 years. Didnt think of getting a new apprentice or anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    thinking about it some more.

does this film line up with the plot of transformers 1 well?
    The whatnow? Yer lookin too much into a sci-fi action flick, it's not LOTR for crying out loud.

Robots in disguise, yay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

it's not LOTR for crying out loud.

thats the first time I've seen someone use LOTR as an example of narrative excellence...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Savman wrote: »
    The whatnow? Yer lookin too much into a sci-fi action flick, it's not LOTR for crying out loud.

Robots in disguise, yay.
    It doesn't matter what it is or isn't, it's not asking much that the plot at least makes some semblance of sense. Just glibly going "sure it's only transformers, don't think about it" shouldn't forgive the movie for being so utterly devoid of imagination, craft or sense. We're entitled to expect more for 200 million dollars (that was the budget wasn't it?)

Point taken indeed :D.

thats the first time I've seen someone use LOTR as an example of narrative excellence...
    If im going to fork out 10 quid to see a movie i want some plot, some shroud of sense to tie it all together you know. If i didnt need that id go youtube explosions.....

Just considering how suddenly touching the cube makes human's go crazy when they touched it numerous times in the first film.
    Think this was more a case of when they were talking that the allsparks energy cant be destroyed only transferred so the shard needed someone to transfer the energy into.
    Also Sam's grandfather didnt go crazy from the cube, according to my memory and wikipedia:

So why has it suddenly changed to him touching the cube (which sam states during his breakdown)
    This was mistake. Although not as annoying to me as the one in the 1st film. How did nobody cop that they put Devestator in as the tank instead of Brawl :(
    Even more confusing is the sudden appearance of the fallen as the leader of the deceptacons. I originally thought from early rumours that he was trapped on some parallel plain, but nope, he's in some castle/spaceship with megatron as his apprentence.

2 things though

1. If he knew all this time that the sun eater was on earth (and the key) but optimus prime didnt arrive until the first film, why didnt he scour the planet looking for it *before* megatron etc brought the cube and turned everyone's attention to earth. The film tries to say there were prime's watching over earth all the time to stop him, but that makes it more confusing in how the hell they missed both megatron and the cube coming to earth aswell??? If they died out before then that was a 100 years before the film, so he enough time to search for the sun eater enslave humans and maybe free megatron???
    I didnt think it was a case of Primes watching over earth, more a case of not being able to do anything since he knew a Prime still lived. When it was confirmed Prime was dead, he had nothing to fear.
    We dont know the Fallen was near earth either. I always assumed he travelled with Soundwave, Devestator and the rest when Starscream fled at the end of the 1st film.
    2. IF he lost megatron as an apprentice over a 100 years ago why does he sit around and do nothing for a 100 years. Didnt think of getting a new apprentice or anything?
    He might have since we dont know.Could have taken on Shockwave or someone else unmentioned. Thats the problem with a big universe.Much going on without us knowing and itd take god knows how long to explain it all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

And why was Fallen afraid of prime in the first place? He was more than capable of kicking his ass until he became ultimate prime. The biggest mystery/piece of stupidity surrounding the Fallen was the case of his 6 equally sized brothers that couldn't defeat him some how, then decided to die in order to cover the matrix which a human was able to find easily, why not bury it and then die trying to kill Fallen?
    How did nobody cop that they put Devestator in as the tank instead of Brawl

Bay said he liked the name Devastator so he called the tank (Brawl) it then decided to call the actual Devastator by this name knowing full well of the one in the previous one. He said he changed the first one, so maybe all new DVDs his name is changed. Either way it was retarded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

30 minutes too long imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    30 minutes too long imo.

More like an hour to long.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Rubbish film imo. Nothing in it for a transformer fan. Skyfire was terrible and Wheelie was beyond a joke. As for the "Twins".......

Hopefully that'll be the last Transformer film we'll see from Michael Bay. How could things have gone sos bad so quickly?

Advertisement