Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java not configured HELP ....

• 01-02-2009 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi ,

I hope some one can help ..... I have downloaded the the current Java software , Java(TM) 6Update 11, I have enabled this in "systems", but I am having trouble getting this configured in "Environment Variables"....well at least I think that is the problem !!

I have windows VM loaded,...... Any one any idea what i should be entering in "Environment Variables", 2 boxes , I have no idea of the file name that java is stored on laptop ...... sad but true !!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

It's been a while since I set up Java on a Windows machine but, IIRC, you need to add the Java path to your environmental variables, something like %windir%/Program Files/Java/.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jammywaterford

thnas for that but , i hav no idea how to find that on the laptop.....if anyone could give me idea how to find thta file name or what the latest file name jav might be stored would be cool....tnx.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

You need to install Java first. Then you need to add its root directory in Program Files to your environmental variables if it doesn't do so itself. Found instructions for finding it in Vista.

Advertisement