Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Headphones

Options
  • 01-02-2009 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

I bought wireless headphones in Maplins, after about 3 uses they stopped working completely. Brought them back, they exchanged it for me for a different brand. Used that brand today for the first time- though I got them about 3 weeks ago - and I'm just dumbfounded by the quality. The loudest the headphones will go is barely audible, and there's an awful static in the background that sometimes even is close to the same levels of the audio...

The original set were actually fantastic quality, just happened to be faulty, but they don't have them anymore - all they have are these cheap ones, or another pair which are literally double the price. What can I say when I go back in there? I want a pair of wireless headphones, but I don't want another pair of these unbelievably **** ones, nor do I want to have to shell out double the price for the expensive pair....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

the quality would usually be related to the price paid but there are exceptions, how much were the headphones? bring them back and let them know in the store about the poor sound quality and ask for a replacement set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The original ones were 50, but happened to be a good brand on sale (can't remember the brand incidentally). The replacement is a **** generic 'made in china' brand, but also the only ones available within the same price range as the ones that were on special offer originally are not stocked anymore. I said at worst, I'll try the cheap looking set. Turns out they are every bit as **** as they look, and to be honest we all know something in Maplins costing 50 euro is probably worth about 20, but again, it was the only thing available to me at the time.

So now all they have in stock is either a replacement of the same set, but it's pretty obvious the problem isn't a fault it's just that this particular set of headphones is inherently shoddily produced bargain bin tat....but I don't want a credit note as they've nothing else. All I want are set of wireless headphones - I don't expect the earth but I don't want ones of such horrendous quality but unfortunately that's the only set they have to give me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

You're entitled to a repair, replacement or refund. they chose not to repair them and the originals are most likely gone now and they can't replace with an equivalent set without leaving themselves out of pocket so the only option left now is refund

Advertisement