Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seeking Advice - Market Value of Motorbike

• 01-02-2009 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Sorry if I am on wrong section/thread but my wife has a 1982 registered Honda CF70 with only 12,700 miles on clock that she wants to sell. It has been in storage since 1994 & should be in good condition except it obviously needs a major service. South Dublin address.We don't know how much this machine is worth. Any advice please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I wouldn't know to be honest. But I assume it wouldn't fetch much as it has not been run since 1994 which means quite an extensive overall! Furthermore, since the recession started, the price of motorcycles in Ireland has dropped significantly... I'd be surprised if it sold at all in these difficult times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Noelito

Thank you Steffan2000 for your reply, I'd imagine it wouldn't need too much work to get it on the road again. As regards the recession it would suit somebody who would like to save on urban commuting costs. On some ads, especially for Honda 50s & the likes, one sees asking prices in the high €000s+. I really wanted to know what price I should pitch it at or who to consult on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,533 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

That's high mileage for a small bike, though being a Honda, it will probably run for a long time. I would agree with Steffano, you're really looking at a pittance for this. Can't see anyone being interested for more than a couple of hundred euro, particularly as its not roadworthy, replacement parts may be difficult to come by, and used bike prices are weak. Your best bet is to find an enthusiast, if such a thing exists for this bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

As already said, an enthusiast would be ur best bet, maybe try the Honda forum

http://www.hondabikes.net/forum/

Or

http://www.classicbike.net/

Let us know how u get on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Noelito

Noelito wrote: »
    Sorry if I am on wrong section/thread but my wife has a 1982 registered Honda CF70 with only 12,700 miles on clock that she wants to sell. It has been in storage since 1994 & should be in good condition except it obviously needs a major service. South Dublin address.We don't know how much this machine is worth. Any advice please?

Thank you everybody so far. I've scanned those recommended websites & there appears to be nothing of relevance so far. I'll keep trying & will let you know if I get anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

The iconic Honda 50 (cub) make great money because they have such a strong history, nearly every biker I know has owned or borrowed at least 1 at some stage, its nostalgia. The Honda CF70 never was as popular so there wont be much interest from a nostalgia point of view. So what you are selling is a 27 year old moped that may not be easy to get parts for. Having said that it should have a good reliable and economical engine as its the same as the Cub 70 motor. I am guessing but I would value it at €250 if it has its Irish tax book and all is in order, i.e. it starts and stops as Mr Honda intended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

€200-€300 is also what I had in mind if she was a runner...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

class i would love that. No way of getting upto dublin and back with it though.

Advertisement