Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat defecating on lawn

Options
  • 01-02-2009 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

Hello

Our cat who is usually very tidy has been relieving herself on the lawn for the last while. She also does this in the out house which is very annoying.

I'm not one of those crazy cat people as I do believe there are too many cats per square kilometre. She wears a collar with a large bell and thankfully hasn't caught anything in years.

She used to use the flowerbeds and today I have dug them up for her.

What can I do to stop her from going on the grass and in the outhouse?

How does the plastic bottle trick work?

Flowerbeds in both the front and back have been dug and loosened up for her and we have gravel in the front that I'm not too fussed if she goes on.

I'm confident that she does not go on others peoples lawns as a lot of neighbours have dogs and our cat mainly sticks to being at home as she is getting on a bit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

You've done mostly all you can - try taking some poo from the lawn and putting it in your flowerbed (you know, I never thought I'd be posting that). Then hose down the areas that she's been using on the lawn. Cats have a strong sense of smell, and it could be the smell of previous toilets that's drawing her back there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

:)
    You've done mostly all you can - try taking some poo from the lawn and putting it in your flowerbed (you know, I never thought I'd be posting that). Then hose down the areas that she's been using on the lawn. Cats have a strong sense of smell, and it could be the smell of previous toilets that's drawing her back there.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Gordon Gekko

If your cat is going in inappropriate places, and particularly indoors, and has only started doing this recently, it could be that she's in pain/distress. Take her to the vet and describe what she's been doing - cats changing their (usually very fastidious) toilet habits can often be a sign of health problems - particularly as you say she's getting on a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Cat has been receiving treatment for an over active Thyroid gland for the last month or so.

Advertisement