Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Needed: an application that copies files

• 01-02-2009 6:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,304 ✭✭✭✭

Lo all,
    Have been using Supercopier2 (beta 1.9) for the past while, but more often than not, it doesn't automatically kick in. I have a 64bit XP, and as it doesn't fully support the 64bit XP, I think that may be the problem.

Thus, I need some application that will copy files, that replaces the normal copy/move Windows thing. I've tried Teracopy, but I don't like it. Also, not Total Commander: dislike the GUI it has.

Also, would be nice if I can add/removes files to/from the "copy list" at whim.

Once it's not too pricey, I'll give it a try. The Windows one takes ages, and often comes up with stupid errors halfway though and stops (SuperCopier would just ask if I wanted to skip, or I could set a rule for it to skip automatically.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

Don't know about replacing the native c&p, but as an alternative you could have something like Robocopy (free from MS), which is command-line but has a (****e) GUI which can be added on.

It's massively powerful and reliable...I use it as a simple automated backup tool, and it has never once crapped out due to a silly error message.

Synctoy is a more friendly alternative to the above. I've never used it but I've heard very good things about it.

Again, not the exact things you're looking for, but take a look at them, you might find that you can use one/them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

yeah ignore the GUI for robocopy

its short for robust copy and you can tell it how long to wait between files or how many retries to do

for a list of files you could something like

For /F %a in ( filelist.txt ) do xcopy "X:\%a" Y:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,304 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

the_syco wrote: »
    as it doesn't fully support the 64bit XP, I think that may be the problem
    Looking at http://supercopier.sfxteam.org version 2.2 beta has been released, with support for 64bit XP, and Vista. And from trying it just now on Windows 7, Inkow it works on that also :)

Advertisement