Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Communion entertainment

Options
  • 01-02-2009 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a kids entertainer that could do something for a first communion in may, in Ennis, will have to be in the hotel, kids ages range from 12months to 12 years, all advice welcome!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

angelfire9 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a kids entertainer that could do something for a first communion in may, in Ennis, will have to be in the hotel, kids ages range from 12months to 12 years, all advice welcome!

really :eek: an entertainer for a communion :eek:

try www.goldenpages.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

How about letting them use their imagination & entertain themselves?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

How about letting them use their imagination & entertain themselves?
    How about you sell your TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

:eek: My god, my communion entertainment consisted of 10 packet of crisps and a bottle of coke in the pub! (I wouldnt advise it :D)
    Do communions happen in May still? What about a picnic? (My son is going to HATE me :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

On my communion, many years ago (ahem... 13 years ago...) we drove around all my family for pictures and then went to dinner that night with my mam and dad and my little sister... in the White House :P I had a lovely big table cloth over me so I didn't get my dress dirty!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

I have people coming from 3 different countries as well as long journeys in Ireland, 17 adults and about 13 kids so i need to do something!

Dades wrote: »
    How about you sell your TV?

What is that supposed to mean???

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

What is that supposed to mean???
    Forgive me - I assumed you have a beef with using outside stimulus for entertainment purposes. :)

Dades wrote: »
    Forgive me - I assumed you have a beef with using outside stimulus for entertainment purposes. :)

Not at all - just have a beef with kids not being encouraged to use their imagination when playing. These days it seems that entertainment has to be spoon fed to children rather than encouraging them to make their own fun.

If we went back to how it was maybe 10, 15 years ago it would take a lot of pressure of parents.

Advertisement