Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOXER PUP - LOST/STOLEN FROM WILLOWGROVE/KILPEDDER RESULT - DOG FOUND & HOME SAFE!!!

Options
  • 01-02-2009 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

I'm SICK about this!

I rescued a female Boxer pup approx 16 weeks old in a dreadful state. We nursed her back to good health over the three weeks we have had her. This morning around 7a.m., we let her out for a "breath of fresh air" with our 7 year old collie. After cleaning out her kennel less than 5 mins, we noticed she was missing. She NEVER leaves the grounds around the house & is like a shadow to the collie, so we're fairly sure she was lifted. :mad:

This pup is a long way from healthy and needs medication to restore her to full health. Last week I had to visit the vet on three occasions with her, latest yesterday, costing nearly €100 - that's the kind off attention this little creature requires. So if anyone spots a Brindle (dark brown) boxer in the vicinity, contact me by PM and I will check it out.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Wolfman-2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

By all means - I work out that way so Ill say it to the other premises around..... A similar incident happened in a premises off Greenpark Rd in Bray, little thing was snatched in seconds - obviously a rob to order !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Wolfman-2

30 hours later, still no sign or word of a sighting of this poor pup. I'd hate to think of her out in this severe weather in her weakened state.

PLEASE, if anyone has any idea of where she might be or who might have taken her, let me know by PM.

I'm not afraid to follow up any lead, so let's see if we can save this poor unfortunate pup.

Regards,

Wolfman-2

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭YraggarY

Wolfman-2, just wondering, was the pup stolen or had it wandered off? I'm living in the area too and would like to know if I need to keep a closer eye on my guys!

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

Glad to hear the dog was found. On Friday lunchtime, the 6th, there was a little black terrier type dog tearing up and down the Southern Access road and seemed totally lost. He looked young and very well cared for. He was clipped by a car at one stage, which only made him more frantic. I tried to coax him over to me, but he was reluctant since my dogs were with me.

A very nice lady pulled up and coaxed him into her car. She said she would start by taking him to the vet and see if he was chipped.

He may have escaped from a garden somewhere. I thought it worth mentioning in case someone here owns him or knows of someone who owns him.

Btw the petshop in the town is a great grapevine for anyone missing/found a dog. I buy my dog gear there and sometimes stop for a chat with the two elderly gentlemen who own it. They were telling me that its often peoples second port of call after the vets, to leave a notice, to buy food for a found dog, or they will be told of someone who knows of a lost or found a dog.

Several dogs have been reunited with their owners through them.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 larbis

That would be my little dog. She's quite the escape artist and, unfortunately, has absolutely no road sense at all. She'll be fine for ages and then some need for freedom overcomes her! I'm told this is quite common in rescued dogs..

The lovely lady who found her brought her to the vet, who checked her out and she was ok. Am hoping this incident has 'knocked' some sense into her:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

Delighted to hear it larbis ! One of mine is a rescue too, and has headed for the hills when out for a walk. He was a stray - they must miss the wide open spaces sometimes ! Actually, one of the first times he did it, I got him back via this forum, some nice folks in the Grove had found him, taken him in and replied to my "missing dog" post.

At this stage I know a lot of dog folks from mutual beach walking and they all know him and his reputation. Sometimes when on the beach, he would take off only to be headed off at the pass by someone and brought back to me - I have him on a long training lead now, I think he is getting the idea..... but hey, if you spot a small dog with a long lead trailing behind tearing through the town, give me a shout !:D

Advertisement