Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea finished...

• 01-02-2009 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

whats that banging sound ??

ah yes ... its a hammer ... the final nail has been slammed ...

yes i watched the game ...

yes I am a jinx

and yes I apologise to all Chelsea fans ... I am the reason they have gone
    to **** ...

Nadal won the Oz open aswell so a truly miserable day for me ...

Lets hope united win the league now...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I do love these threads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭SWAR

I'm glad Liverpool could bang the final nail in the coffin for ye...RIP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

I said a while ago big phil would be dumped before the year is out

And I stand by that.

Liverpool played ye off the park for most of the game and no complaints on the score.

Manchester Unite walloped ye also.

In retrospective Everton have performed admirably against them both and just lost by a single peno at old trafford.

Not bad for a team costing 1 millionth the value of Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

1.United P23 P53
    2.Liverpool P24 P51
    3. Chelsea P24 P48

And still in the cups...definitely not finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

jackdaw wrote: »
    to **** ...

No, you should apologise to everyone else for coming on here whining when Chelsea lose a match. You should take a long hard look at yourself, maybe think what it's like being a Shels or Leeds fan who's clubs nearly went to the wall, or Rovers who were nearly destroyed by TD and are only now finding a home for themselves after years of a nomadic existence, or even look at the Spurs and Newcastle fans who post here win or lose, who are looking at their sides in real danger of dropping out of the top flight.

Your one contribution to this forum is to react childishly to the team you support losing a match, but at least it provides the rest of us with a giggle, so good work out of you on that front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Tusky wrote: »
    1.United P23 P53
    2.Liverpool P24 P51
    3. Chelsea P24 P48

Its Jackdaw he loves to being insanely negative. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Big Phil can still land a 27/1 bet for me! :)

Villa could nick 3rd too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

chelsea 27/1 to win the title...they are nice odds alright. they need to bring in about 6 players to get payback on that bet i'm afraid.

Ah no, 27/1 to get sacked/walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

ahh ok. might be worth a few quid, actually them odds have probably shortened after today i'd say

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

You gotta love the melodrama of top flight soccer! ;)

One question I have to ask (mainly of Chelsea fans) is how much this slump can they put down to Steve Clarke's absence. It took a few months for West Ham to get going after his arrival but they've become a defensively sound and well organised side. It took about two months for the opposite to happen at Chelsea. With the season in full swing I'd expect it to take a new coach a decent few weeks to build a consistent well drilled side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

1.United P23 P53
    2.Liverpool P24 P51
    3. Chelsea P24 P48

you left out 4th who are level on points with 3rd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Helix wrote: »
    you left out 4th who are level on points with 3rd

Intentionally. I was highlighting the position Chelsea are in compared to those above them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

mike65 wrote: »
    Ah no, 27/1 to get sacked/walk.

Gone by when? That's a good bet depending on when.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Intentionally. I was highlighting the position Chelsea are in compared to those above them.

id have thought theyd be just as concerned by those immediately below them

Tom65 wrote: »
    Gone by when? That's a good bet depending on when.

Sorry should have said, the bet is next manager. Obviously Tony Adams is the fly in the oitment, depends who has the most patience. I thought it worth a fiver in early December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

ah yes ... its a hammer ... the final nail has been slammed ...

yes i watched the game ...

yes I am a jinx

to **** ...

Nadal won the Oz open aswell so a truly miserable day for me ...

Lets hope united win the league now...

You can always become a Perico....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I still see Chelsea finish above Liverpool to be honest.
    Liverpool will throw away points to lesser teams in the remaining games as they have done all season. Chelsea wont drop as many. They have a better squad and team (and are missing some key players remember-Ession, Cole, Carvalho etc)
    Longer term the team is getting older but this season I see them doing okay.
    Kippy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭YDMHSSB

finished? your having a laugh. typical reaction of a soccer fan when a team loses. still have a massive part to play in the season and the title. let revist this thread in may perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

No. It's this arsehole.

You're not a fan. Go fcuk off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Scolari would be gone at the end of the season, am onto ladbrokes now...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Is sacking Scolari a good idea though? its still not his Chelsea. He has only added Deco and Boswinga* to the Mourinho/Grant squad. Chelsea are going to have to go through a transition soon considering the squads age and the likely future departure of players like Drogba. If Chelsea keep chopping and changing their manager a la Real Madrid they will never get a settled squad of players that the manager wants. Add to that the loss of Steve Clarke and injuries to players like Essien and you have to ask is sacking him a good move really? despite all this though if they do think a change is needed, they really need to give the next manager time to shape his squad and the Fans need to realise they are not the richest club anymore and that they should not expect to win the league now, its possible but failure to do so should not mean the managers head.

*I know he was signed before scoalri but The Portugese RB signs for big money when many in England still didn't know who he is (Villa had been scouting him though) a week or so before his national coach joins Chelsea in a deal id suspect had been done for a while. Wouldent wanna announce it too early tho and completley disrupt the Portugese side beofre the competition, but it was well known Grant was on his way out for ages. Boswinga imo was a Scolari buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

2 words

NO ESSIEN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Im seeing more citeh than chelsea kits around cork these days :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Helix wrote: »
    id have thought theyd be just as concerned by those immediately below them

what you mean is YOU are concerned about Villa been seen to mix it with the big boys.....no? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Theyre finished for this season

Agains Manchester United and Liverpool they were awful. Both pool and united werent fantastic by any means but still were comfortable enough, even tho it was 2 or 3 mins away from a draw today.

Two horse race, if even, now...

nuxxx wrote: »
    2 words

NO ESSIEN

and injuries to Terry and Drogba here and there did not help. But Essien is the main man yes sir!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Chelsea need to sell Drogba and tell Ballack to start playing well or to piss off back to Germany

Chelsea need to sell Drogba and tell Ballack to start playing well or to piss off back to Germany

yes, yes they do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

It's the sound of the padlock slamming shut this thread.

If you want to post your after thoughts on a game do it in the Cehlsea superthread, or even in the match thread.

Or, and here's a revolutionary idea, post something positive when your team win, which they happen to do more often than not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement