Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart wired router works, but Eircom wireless router won't?

Options
  • 01-02-2009 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

Was swapping a spare eircom wireless router for a smart telecom wired router and it won't work. The wired Smart Router works, but the eircom one won't.This is plug and play? Simple rght?
    The DSL lights up but the internet light won't. The eircom router is connecting to the PC both wired and wirless but it won't connect to the web. The phone line in the house is Smart Telecom, this hardly matters?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,285 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

nulabert wrote: »
    Was swapping a spare eircom wireless router for a smart telecom wired router and it won't work. The wired Smart Router works, but the eircom one won't.This is plug and play? Simple rght?
    The DSL lights up but the internet light won't. The eircom router is connecting to the PC both wired and wirless but it won't connect to the web. The phone line in the house is Smart Telecom, this hardly matters?

Did you set the username/password, did you set the VCI/VPI? Have you checked this thread?

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=2441&highlight=2247

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

Thanks for that Spear. I'll be back in my sisters house next week and i'll give it a go then. Sounds straight forward. Thanks for the link:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,285 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

nulabert wrote: »
    Thanks for that Spear. I'll be back in my sisters house next week and i'll give it a go then. Sounds straight forward. Thanks for the link:)

The Eircom router will normally be on 192.168.1.254. Open this in a browser, and there'll be the old Eircom settings present. You just need to switch them to the Smart appropriate ones.

Advertisement