Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Live wont connect after update

• 01-02-2009 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Im using the xbox wireless network adapter to connect with the wifi i have at home. I got it to connect using a wep but it said it needed an update so i did. After the update however my network settings were gone and i cant find the area in the setup where you insert the wep. Any help would be appreciated, I tried following the sticky but found it too confusing and seeing as i had already connected i think must be a simple problem.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

You might need to enter your wep key again.
    Try testing your xbox live settings again and then if it fails there should be an option to press x or y that will bring you to your network settings. Try it agian see if that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 grandeursprunk

nicklauski wrote: »
    You might need to enter your wep key again.
    Try testing your xbox live settings again and then if it fails there should be an option to press x or y that will bring you to your network settings. Try it agian see if that helps.

See thats the thing. In the old setup there was an option to enter the wep and now I cant find any. Thanks for your reply.

After it fails, does it not give you the option of x/y being network options?
    Go to the my xbox "blade". Scroll to the end, it should have system settings. Go in there, network settings, and you should be able to do it from there. Bit hard to remember sitting in work. If I had the xbox infront of me Id have more of an idea! :D

Thanks for your reply. Y gives me a status of the error. When i go into network settings and try and configure its asking for ip and dns and all that stuff. I think in the old setup in network settings it gave me an option of entering a wep in the area asking for basic and advanced settings. I haven't been able to make xbox live account yet as I haven't been given a chance to register, however I was able to connect to the internet in order to install the update but it wiped my network settings. I think i might be able to enter the basic settings, would that be enough to get connected to the wifi in my house?

Tried the basic setting didnt work. Basically, whereas before I saw an option that let me connect through wireless now after the update and new xbox dashboard, there is none.

• Advertisement

I'll have a look when I get home mate. I know there is a way of getting it. Hopefully someone will come up with the answer first anyway :D

Right. Go to the my xbox section. Scroll to the end. System settings. From there go to network settings. Configure network. While on basic settings press a. Scan for networks. Your wifi should she up here. Enter it. It'll ask for your wep key. Hopefully that does it for you.

Advertisement