Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Goodbye Shay

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Xavi, do you think Hughes will still be in charge at the start of nxt season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Xavi, do you think Hughes will still be in charge at the start of nxt season?

I really don't know, and I don't think anyone really does.

There's still over a third of the season to go and there's no reason why we can't finish in the top 7 which would be an improvement on last season.

If that happens I would like him to stay and continue improving the squad the way he has done.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I really don't know, and I don't think anyone really does.

There's still over a third of the season to go and there's no reason why we can't finish in the top 7 which would be an improvement on last season.

If that happens I would like him to stay and continue improving the squad the way he has done.

Do you feel a bit sorry for Hart? Looked a promising keeper but looks like his chance has gone with city now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Do you feel a bit sorry for Hart? Looked a promising keeper but looks like his chance has gone with city now.

I don't agree that his chance is gone.

To be fair he was very, very lucky to be even starting games for a Premiership club at 20 years of age. I think people forget just how young and raw he still is, and having someone like Given to learn from is only going to make him better.

Look at Ben Foster. How long has he been waiting in the wings at United? He's bided his time, gone out on loan (and been injured), and is something like 26 now. Hart is most definitely one for the future, and that future should be at Manchester City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

kippy wrote: »
    Tis only a game man.
    I wouldnt be too fussed about these guy moving clubs....let them off, tis all about the cash.

Worst.Comment.Ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Well that's Newcastle relegated for sure now. It's a damning indictment of what's going on at the club that someone as loyal as Given felt he had to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Maybe given might have a word with Steven Ireland returning to the national side. OHH DID I JUST START ANOTHER STEVEN IRELAND DEBATE? my bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Charlie wrote: »
    All our business seems to be done like that lately, the whole nature of the , cloak and fcukin dagger. But word is that it's £7 million, which is a disgrace. If Bellamy wen for £14 million, that should have been our minimum asking price.

Seriously mate, not tonight, I will get banned if get into it with someone over how that man has raped our club.

But in fairness, when has any club paid over the odds for a keeper. Craig Gordon is the only over the odds keeper I can think of. With the exception of Buffon, most goalkeepers went for reasonable amounts. Given is going on 33 years old, however, that could still mean another 7 years at the top. He is an excellent signing for City, who have managed to bring in some quality players over the window.

Harper is a more then adequate replacement...however, with Newcastle in their current manner, its hard to see how he wont struggle

Advertisement