Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LoI Hooligans face tv exposure

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Zebra3 wrote: »

All that I said about Bohs is true, that statement coming after the pub was attacked in Derry.....

Wheres the problem exactly? What does it matter exactly what it took, fact is its been in place since 2007. Theres not much more the club can do and I love a bit of board bashing as much as anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

The truth is that the biggest hooligans at Bohs v Rovers are dressed in blue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

CiaranC wrote: »
    The truth is that the biggest hooligans at Bohs v Rovers are dressed in blue.

lmao

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Why do LOI teams even bother getting cops in? There's always about 5-6 at tolka hanging around at the bottom of the drumcondra looking at the game and chatting! You could throw a bottle at them from the stand and they wouldn't have a clue who it was

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Interesting. When's it on does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

This programme is on tonight at 9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Watching it atm pretty good except some of there facts are not up to date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Its not good for Shamrock Rovers or Bohs.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭wynters

Worst thing they could possibly do is give these morons the oxygen of publicity.

TV3 sensationalism at it's finest. Had to turn it off. That presenter, what a dummy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Total bollox. A youtube video from 2004 showing a defunct rovers casuals group, some schoolkids with delusions of grandeur on bebo and "The BSC" who are banned from Bohs, hang around Dorset St and pretend to be something to do with Bohs when Rovers are around and they have no other petty crime to get up to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Clips of Italian and British hooligans - check

Obligatory, groovy Beard chipping in with corduroy-patch chestnuts about tribes, alcohol being involved, The Sense Of Belonging/Identity, and The Right Wing - check

That You Tube clip of the skoolies throwing around beer kegs - check

The shocking clip of young scobes singing -SINGING - songs on the Dart - check

Extensive Bebo research - check

Obligatory comparison of policing requirements of Dublin derby vs All Ireland. - check

Clip of concerned parent and frightened child cowering as a vicious umbrella attack takes place nearby - check

Timing of show designed to coincide with upcoming Derby / attract more scobes / frighten off families - check

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

It was really bad. Bebo pages and YouTube clips used for most of the programme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

This was irresponsible, embarrassing, sensationalist tosh. Very little concrete information to back up the claims, other than teenage hearsay on bebo pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭wynters

... and since when did the lead singer from The Magic Numbers become an expert on Irish football hooliganism???:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

If that is reporting then I tell ye lads there is hope for all of us to make something almost as good as that piece of Journalistic brilliance.

• Advertisement

There's no way I'm bringing my wheelie bin to Tallaght Stadium on Friday now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Anyone see an arrest? or a garda attempting to make an arrest? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

If anyone missed it just read these pages in a knacker accent aloud

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=1686963707

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=1108310136

Quint wrote: »
    It'll be like any of those TV3 documentaries. Rubbish. The're worse than The Sun
    LOL! TV3 will make it out to be like the bloods and the crips!
    I bet they'll have about 3 shots of someone throwing something, a slight scuffle, and a group of lads running and they'll show the same stuff over and over with creepy music. No doubt the Joe Duffy listeners will be up in arms the next day.
    Who gives a ****e about this show? I can't wait to see it to see what an embarrassment it will be.
    Remember the prostitution show they had? Spent the whole show trying to make out there was loads of human trafficking and women forced into prostitution, but the garda spokesman said there was none!

So was I right or what!:D
    Didn't see the show, but did they have the "creepy music"? You know bad stuff is happening when TV3 play it in their "documentaries"

but did they have the "creepy music"?

More 'ominous', I would say. :)

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »

It makes Boca v River look like a picnic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

It makes Boca v River look like a picnic

Holy God don't joke about that game. :p I do not ever want to píss off Boca fans.

Oh and Forza River! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I saw a travel program (might've been Hector) where the host went to a Boca match. He mentioned a story about River Plate beating Boca 2-0 so some Boca fans stabbed to River Plate fans to even the score.

If a guy running around with an umbrella near a Bohs-Shams derby is the worst kind of incidents we have here then i think we'll be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

RasTa wrote: »

I loved this line under the music section of the Shams site.
    Listening to my fans chanting preferrably about bohs bein orange bastards.

Retards.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Sensationalism and cringeworthy are the words which spring to mind. The things I feel most sorry for are the wheelie bins in this situation.

Ah well I needed a good oul laugh after getting muc Leaving Cert mock results today.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Ah well I needed a good oul laugh after getting muc Leaving Cert mock results today.:pac:

Offtopic but: Hope you did well Gavin m8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

How hilarious was that ****?? :D Voiceovers of bebo quotes and all. Quality journalism. And that arsehole "expert". TV3 you sham you.

Do you think the Gardai have a special encryption department to decipher just wtf some of those Bebo comments actually mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Eye-wateringly funny for anyone who knows the truth of it, but there will be lots of people who believe or choose to believe this tripe. The least the league should do is lodge an official complaint based on the clearly deliberate exaggeration and distortion.

In among the journalistic pratfalls, however, it was quite alarming to see an FAI official brag that they and the gardai are to take lessons from English police in handling football crowds. If they do, prepare to be treated like animals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Excellent journalism that highlights the inherent problems in modern Irish football and the causes of poor attendances. Everyone involved in producing the show is to be commended.

• Advertisement

Anyone know if it's available online? Wouldn't mind a laugh. Or is the entire content just bebo pages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Draupnir wrote: »
    Excellent journalism that highlights the inherent problems in modern Irish football and the causes of poor attendances. Everyone involved in producing the show is to be commended.

Worst wind up effort in the history of boards.ie :)

Not seen this, but imagined it would be crap. From reading this thread, looks like I saved myself an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

gimmick wrote: »
    Worst wind up effort in the history of boards.ie :)

Not seen this, but imagined it would be crap. From reading this thread, looks like I saved myself an hour.

:D I didn't intend my post to be taken seriously, in fact I meant the opposite, the show was an absolute disgrace in all fairness and I don't go to LOI games or have much interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

It's on tv3.ie. Also there is an 'Ireland AM' item in which it is blithely claimed that 'well-organized' violence is 'inevitable' when certain matches are scheduled. Over the discussion, they run phone camera videos that have nothing to do with football. From memory, they are of kids taking drugs and of a dealer attacking a client.
    What do you do with dishonest journalism like this?

It makes Irish football look a hell of a lot worse than I originally thought.

I mean, the football's bad, we all know that, but when even your hooligans are shíte...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

It makes Irish football look a hell of a lot worse than I originally thought.

I mean, the football's bad, we all know that, but when even your hooligans are shíte...

I'm quoting this post to highlight the pure retardedness of it.

Yes, English Hooligans are so much better.

What the fúck kind of mind even comes up with this absolute tripe?

For fúck sake.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

anonymous_joe,less of the glorification type of posts please.

All hooligans are scum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The real shame is the they didn't even point out the worst gang of the whole lot, the FAI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Wa a load a load a sh*te.

• Advertisement

Des wrote: »
    I'm quoting this post to highlight the pure retardedness of it.

Yes, English Hooligans are so much better.

What the fúck kind of mind even comes up with this absolute tripe?

For fúck sake.
    I know hooligans are morons. I almost got the shít kicked out of me in the Netherlands once by some Liverpool fans for that reason. Of course I don't think we should have hooligans.

It is however a bad sign that the only impact the Irish league seems to be making in the general media is this kind of stuff.
    Dub13 wrote: »
    anonymous_joe,less of the glorification type of posts please.

All hooligans are scum.

Sorry, that wasn't meant to come out that way at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

But that show, by the sounds of it, is merely lazy "journalism" looking for a story which basically does not exist.

Not to mention, people just love bashing the LOI, so it served a purpose there as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

SectionF wrote: »
    What do you do with dishonest journalism like this?

You write an official complaint letter highlighting your grievances and perceived inaccuracies to the Broadcasting Complaints Commission. If ye are all as annoyed as you make out on this thread - you'll do something tangible about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

I must say this was a joke of a program.

The footage of Shamrock Rovers fans in the train ' shock horror ' SINGING , oh goodness me I was cowering under the sofa.

This sort of ' publicity ' certainly did the LoI no good at all , after watching that , would you take your 11 year old to a game ( if you dodn't know any better of course )

However there is a hooligan problem ( all be it slight I imagine ) , I know Newbridge ( Kildare County ) had a number of incidents after a game with Shamrock Rovers when they played in the First Div a couple of years ago. So much so that the next game I went to at Station Rd I was subjected to plastic cups in the bar ( a pet hate of mine ).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Loi hooligans lol. i have seen worse in Glenroe. i live there.

Again lol.

Hooligans? seriously?

lol

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    You write an official complaint letter highlighting your grievances and perceived inaccuracies to the Broadcasting Complaints Commission. If ye are all as annoyed as you make out on this thread - you'll do something tangible about it.

Perceived?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

stovelid wrote: »
    Perceived?

Yup. Your perception obviously differs to the makers of the programme. I didn't see it and have no opinion one way or the other. But if you feel that the piece was inaccurate, you should lodge a complaint imo.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Yup. Your perception obviously differs to the makers of the programme. I didn't see it and have no opinion one way or the other. But if you feel that the piece was inaccurate, you should lodge a complaint imo.

Ah, misunderstood you for a minute.

Perhaps somebody with more legal knowledge would chip in here, but I don't think anything could be done by the clubs. They didn't actually name individuals, and from what I can see, they were careful to blank out the faces of fans in the crowd scenes. IIRC, there was also zero concrete information about any arrests, charges, injuries and what not.

Advertisement