Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watching 3 mobile tv on a non 3 handset (iPhone 3g)

• 01-02-2009 9:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was trying to watch the Liverpool Chelsea match today on my unlocked iPhone 3g with my 3 Ireland sim... However when I go to my 3, and try to subscribe to sky sports , it won't work.. It says 'technical glitch, try again' or else says to put my sim into a 3 handset. Works fine on my mates 3 ire tocco so I know it because I don't have a 3 branded handset...

But question is, is there a way around this? Can I change some settings or something? Everything else on my 3 works and so does Internet... Everything apart from 3 mobile tv works... Is it just that iPhone 3g can't support this or is it just because it's not a 3 branded handset?

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Can you watch any tv programmes? Possibly to do with the player if you cant. Three used to use real player which often gave errors.

You say that you cant subscribe, so can you subscribe on your mates phone, then transfer back to your iphone and what error does it give then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

hi,

yeah ifi put mymates sim in my phonit still wont play..tells me to put my sim i a 3 handset....\

can this be overcome?

cojomo2 wrote: »
    hi,

yeah ifi put mymates sim in my phonit still wont play..tells me to put my sim i a 3 handset....\

can this be overcome?

That would be make me think its the player that is the problem. Im not familiar enough with the iphone, but you would need Real player on it

any1 have an iphone on 3 and coulpe give some advice/help on this?

thank you

cojomo2 wrote: »
    any1 have an iphone on 3 and coulpe give some advice/help on this?

thank you

Can you watch any other tv from 3, or others you cant?

• Advertisement

na i cant watch any live tv from the 3 intranet...however i can connect to orb live and watch internet tv, sky news etc....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

It's most likely the fact that the iPhone doesn't recognise the format.

according to davton, it is in Real format, I don't think there is a Real Player for the iPhone. As far as I remember, there is a version of VLC player for the iPhone. It might play the stream.

But there is also the issue of invoking the stream - how do you point VLC/Real Player to the video (i.e. the web address)?

Advertisement