Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A bit harsh I would say

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

You called someone a prick, you got infracted... Right call tbh, sure an infraction is just a slightly less friendly warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Thing is I didn't call someone a prick.

I referred to "acting the prick".

Anyway it's no big deal but I just thought it was a tad harsh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I think its a bit harsh tbh, telling someone to stop acting the prick is not akin to calling him a prick. Maybe the wording could have been different though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

SDooM wrote: »
    You called someone a prick

No he didnt.

Indeed... however it was the way I felt and I considered it before posting believe it or not:eek:

Immature or insensitive would have been better , I agree with you there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yeah, I think we could differentiate between calling someone a prick, and saying they're acting like one. It's like telling someone to cop on.

Exactly, that's the way it was meant.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

and you are incapable of expressing that sentiment in an adult and civil manner??

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

The point being, I think, that the chap was infracted (which, like it or not, is a sanction, however informal), for insulting another member, which he patently did not do.

I would put it down to simple error rather than any intentional harshness from the issuing mod.

FB has his moments, this is not one of them.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

And we wish FB a speedy return to mental well being after this most horrific of santioned beatings.

DeV.

• Advertisement

Fairy snuff, so.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

My bad. Must quit speed reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

i think you summed it up there alright. A tad harsh is what it was. Alright its only an infraction but maybe FB is suffering here because of reputation. I know sometimes he can be a hard headed so and so and I've had run in's with him in the past, but fairs fair. Saying that though maybe said Mod just misead the post as SDoom did on this thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I now think less of FlutterinBantam

Yeah, semantic hair-splitting and rhetoric-lawyering really works around here :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I can't say I was surprised to find this happened in AH tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Rb wrote: »
    I can't say I was surprised to find this happened in AH tbh.

Nor was I. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I would put it down to simple error rather than any intentional harshness from the issuing mod.

(Personal opinion below alert etc etc)
    I wouldn't say it was harsh at all. You could try to make a case that the card could have been yellow instead but I'd have handed a card for it.

I've said to quite a few people lately when giving them yellows in particular (also reds but for similar offences at the same level mostly yellows) that while they may be dealing with what they consider to be an idiot and they may be dealing with someone I also reckon might be an idiot, they still don't get to imply that the person is an idiot. Or a prick. At least that's Politics/UL/Lit for you.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I felt that because of the ascerbic nature of the post and the fact that it was directed at the original poster an infraction was warranted.
    I explained that in the PM to you Mr. Bantam.
    I thought it was over the line but the difference is a semantic one and the argument even has me confused now to be honest.
    I will open the floor to any co-mods C-mods or S-mods for an opinion and defer to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I think the OP acts like a prick all the time, and even I thought the infraction was a bit harsh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

OK yeah you guys are right. I have a mind of me own and having re-read it totally accept that I misread one thing for another.
    I will get this infraction reversed and stop acting like a prick.
    Apologies Mr. Bantam for the stain on the record. Will get it cleaned up now for you if you give me a few minutes.

Fair play Doctor, I appreciate that,and kudos for saying it publicly.

I hope I won't come to your attention again.:p

Regards.

F. Bantam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

poster asks a reasonable question, receives a reasonable answer from a reasonable mod and apologises for any hassle incurred.

what the fcuk is going on??!

I've reversed it on the basis that Dr has reconsidered the case.

I'd ask that you (plural) refrain from using such phrases in future though, its a fine line between that and abuse and frankly, I'm not interested in tolerating people who walk it deliberately.

DeV.

tbh wrote: »
    poster asks a reasonable question, receives a reasonable answer from a reasonable mod and apologises for any hassle incurred.

what the fcuk is going on??!
    There is a meteor on its way to Earth but I predict it will burn up in the atmosphere and land no bigger then the head of a chihuahua.

DeV.

Bollocko ranks even higher in my estimation now.

Kudos.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

An AH infraction over-turned?

An AH mod admitting to a mistake?

4 posts from Dev in the same feedback thread ???

It'll be rivers of blood next I bet (failing that rivers of lolcatz).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Hey fun boys, get a room. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Theres alot of man love going on in here, im leaving through the back side door while I still can.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Was the post reported btw? Was somebody actually offended by it? How did this become an issue?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement