Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gunclubs in Co.Dublin

Options
  • 01-02-2009 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Hi guys

I am looking to join a gun club in Co.Dublin (or East Kildare or SE Meath or ... you get the picture). I have been to Courtlough and the facilities there are not bad at all, but I'd like to shop around a bit before I commit to one club.

What am I after?

- shotgun and rifle facilities
    - distances up to at least 100m
    - ideally a video shooting gallery, see here. Not sure that kind of thing exists in Ireland though.

In general I my main focus will be hunting but I'd like to acquire the necessary skills before I start killing animals. So, which places do people recommend?

thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

lordarpad wrote: »
    Hi guys

I am looking to join a gun club in Co.Dublin (or East Kildare or SE Meath or ... you get the picture). I have been to Courtlough and the facilities there are not bad at all, but I'd like to shop around a bit before I commit to one club.

What am I after?

- shotgun and rifle facilities
    - distances up to at least 100m
    - ideally a video shooting gallery, see here. Not sure that kind of thing exists in Ireland though.

In general I my main focus will be hunting but I'd like to acquire the necessary skills before I start killing animals. So, which places do people recommend?

thanks!

john conroy has the big screen shooting gallery and a range .not to far from stradbally

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭lordarpad

cheers, which Stradbally? Laois or Waterford?

both maybe a bit far from Dublin for regular shooting :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭firefly08

You should try Hilltop Quad & Sporting Club. They have similar facilities to Courtlough and are roughly the same distance form the city, maybe a little further(but in the opposite direction - Co. Wicklow).

I'm pretty sure they don't have that video thingy you're looking for though.

I was in the same position recently, shopping around for the best club facilities. Eventually I joined Courtlough because it was the most convenient for me, but Hilltop was a close second.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭lordarpad

Courtlough would be more convenient for me too, but I notice 2 thjings with pleasure:

- club guns seem to be available
    - broader range in the gun shop, including Baikal.

I shall go investigate, thanks muchly!

Does anybody know the club in Blessington?

Advertisement